DetailsCategory: Spiritual Growth, Outreach, & Heritage
Category: Outreach Ministries
Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 2009
Adventsource Honors Handbook PDF
Adventsource Catalog: #007400 Advanced Star Order (must have approved order login) (link from adventsource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
1. Complete the Peace Maker honor
2. Define mediation and arbitration and discuss the similarities and differences between them.
3. Identify and demonstrate the role and responsibilities of an effective mediator and arbitrator.
4. Discuss the difference between litigation (an adversarial relationship) and Christian conciliation.
5. Identify what types of conflicts should be:
6. Participate in mediating a conflict (i.e. role play) between two people or groups and discuss the process, identifying what worked. What didn't work, and why.
7. Participate in arbitrating a conflict (i.e. role play) between two people or groups and discuss the process, identifying what worked. What didn't work, and why.