DetailsCategory: Household Arts
Category: Household Arts
Level: Level 3
Year Introduced: 1986
Item Number: YOU7245
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Have the Nutrition Honor.
2. Read a book, about Nutrition.
3. Do the following:
a. Keep a food diary on yourself for one week.
b. Calculate the total nutrients for each day of the following: calories, protein, iron, calcium, Vitamin A, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin and Vitamin C or Ascorbic Acid.
4. How does this compare with the Recommended Dietary Daily Allowance chart?
5. Explain why a high fiber diet is important and tell how this can be obtained.
6. Name three diseases due to malnutrition and describe the symptoms of each.
7. What are the symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency?
8. What advice would you give a person who decided to be a total vegetarian?
9. What is the difference between saturated and unsaturated fats? Which is the most healthful and why?
10. Why is it advisable to use less sugar in our diet and suggest ways in which this may be accomplished?
11. Using the book Counsels on Diet and Foods, write a paragraph on the benefits of a lacto?ovo vegetarian diet.