DetailsCategory: Household Arts
Skill Level: 2
Category: Household Arts
Original Honor: 1981 (updated 2018 NAD)
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
These requirements differ from the GC edition. These requirements are for the NAD. The patch for the GC and NAD honor requirements is the SAME.
1. Draw and explain the Healthy Plate guide in its various forms. List the number of servings required from each group each day. Why is it important to eat a balanced diet?
2. Explain the difference between the following:
a. Lacto-ovo vegetarian
b. Ovo vegetarian
c. Vegan vegetarian
3. Plan a two-day menu, containing a balanced lacto-ovo vegetarian diet utilizing the food guide pyramid.
4. What is another name for:
a. Vitamin B1
b. Vitamin B2
5. List at least three significant food sources of the following nutrients:
a. Vitamin C
b. Vitamin A
c. Vitamin B1
d. Vitamin B2
6. Why is it important to drink plenty of water every day? How much water should you drink every day?
7. Name three common diseases that can be controlled by diet.
8. What is the difference between whole wheat flour and white flour, and which one has the higher nutritive value.
9. What does Dietary Reference Intake mean?
10. Why is it important not to take excessive amounts of some vitamins and minerals?