DetailsCategory: Household Arts
Skill Level: 2
Category: Household Arts
Original Honor: 2001
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
Cook a meal using local methods and foods by yourself.
See example below
1. Raw foods (e.g. Dalo, cassava, yams, sweet potatoes, taro leaves, etc.)
2. Banana leaves or other leaves used in your area.
5. Banana stems
6. Coconut leaves
1. Light the fire first.
2. Pile the firewood in order (criss-cross method).
3. Put all the stones on top of the firewood.
4. Let the fire completely burn the wood until you notice that the stones are red-hot.
5. Clean the lovo/oven.
6. Put the smashed up banana stems on top of the stones.
7. Start to put all the raw foods on top of the banana stems
8. Cover it up first with green coconut leaves before you completely cover it with leaves and leave it for one to one and a half hours.
9. Uncover the lovo/oven and the food is ready.