DetailsCategory: Household Arts
Category: Household Arts
Level: Level 2
Year Introduced: 1956
Item Number: YOU7080
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Have the Cooking Honor.
2. How many cups make a quart? (How many mls to make a liter?) How many tablespoons to a cup? How many teaspoons to a tablespoon?
3. Prepare two main casserole dishes such as macaroni, rice, beans.
4. Prepare two different vegetables.
5. Prepare two kinds of salad. How are salads kept crisp?
6. Know the difference in food value between whole milk and skimmed milk.
7. Prepare a balanced breakfast using the food guide pyramid.
8. Prepare a vegetarian entree dish.
9. Plan menus for one week, choosing at least three dishes in which leftovers may be used.
10. Prepare a balanced meal using a vegetarian entree, a vegetable casserole and a salad.
11. Know several reasons why vinegar is unhealthful.
12. What does caffeine do to the body. List 5 foods that contain caffeine.
13. Have 25 recipes personally prepared dishes, not more than 5 of which are candies or desserts.