DetailsCategory: Arts Crafts & Hobbies
Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 2012
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: South America Division / North American Division
- Research the history of guitars and how they came to your country.
- Describe or show the difference between melody, harmony and rhythm.
- Distinguish three different types of guitars. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
- Identify the three divisions of the guitar and identify 15 different parts, explaining the function of each part.
- Demonstrate the correct posture to practice guitar. Explain the importance of practicing in that position.
- Know the names of the fingers, strings and hand positions. Demonstrate each in its proper way.
- In standard tuning, the 6 strings on a guitar are associated with which notes?
- What are the chords (figures) and how are they built? Write by memory a list of all major and minor chords, along with specific finger positions.
- Demonstrate ability to perform at least seven major and minor chords (ex. A, B, B7, C, D, E, G, F, A minor).
- Explain the difference between flats and sharps? Show how they are represented for guitar play.
- Describe the difference between nylon and steel stringing, and explain the reason behind your preference.
- Demonstrate the use of a capo and how to replace a guitar string.
- Play a song using at least two different techniques:
- Select three simple hymns or spiritual songs that you can play on guitar, and teach them to a unit, club or group.