DetailsCategory: Arts Crafts & Hobbies
Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1976
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Advanced Star Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Have the Indian Lore Honor.
2. Know and have a list of at least 40 foods introduced to us by the Indians of North and South America.
3. Participate in a meal using as many Indian foods and cooking methods as possible.
4. Name five drugs or medicine plants used by the Indians.
5. Discuss the Indians of your area with regard to:
a. Tribes located there
b. Homes and clothing
c. Native crafts performed, such as basketry, pottery, mats, etc.
d. Religious practices
e. Form of Government
6. Name ten articles used by the Indians in their religious ceremonies.
7. Explain two methods of mounting and displaying arrowheads.
8. Explain one method of restoring and mending damaged arrowheads, ollas, blankets, and baskets.
9. Name and locate at least ten different tribes of the present day and tell for what each is noted.
10. Experiment with plant dyes as used by the Indians and try to obtain at least two shades of color.
11. Do one of the following:
a. Visit an Indian museum
b. Visit Indian ruins or mounds
c. Make a personal visit with an Indian
d. Visit an Indian village or reservation