DetailsCategory: Arts Crafts & Hobbies
Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1970
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Advanced Star Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Have the Model Rocketry Honor.
2. From a kit, build, successfully launch, and recover a boost glider.
3. Design, build (not from a kit), finish, and paint a single-stage rocket. Check for stability, and successfully launch and recover this rocket.
4. Do one of the following:
a. From a kit build, finish, and paint a two-stage rocket. Successfully launch and recover this rocket.
b. From a kit, build, finish, and paint a three-engine clustered single-stage rocket. Successfully launch and recover this rocket.
5. Design an electrical launch system. When this has been approved by your instructor, build this system and use it to launch rockets at least five times.
6. Describe and demonstrate single station altitude tracking. With the aid of a helper, track the same rocket three times using three different sizes of engines and compare altitudes with an altitude finder.
7. Compare the velocity and altitude of two different weights of rockets using the same size engine.