Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

have or Do you want to go on a mission trip ? ?
yes 94%  94%  [ 29 ]
no 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 31
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:29 pm 
New Friend

i was just wandering who here has ben on a mission trip... like out of the country ?

i went on one last June 2006 - to the Dominican republic :D and it was the best trip i have ever gone on in my life! :D

now i am goin on one this next june... to Nicarauga

the other thing i was wondering is, are any of you above age 13 wanting to go... like on the tip to Nicarauga....????? there is still room... :)

e Mail or im me at Hereiamlord7@gmail.com OR hereiamlord7@hotmail.com if you are interested... :D

hey and if you have been on a trip then please post about it... i love to read stories of Mission trips :D maybe i will post a few later :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:04 am 
Master Guide

Welcome to the pathfinder forum hereiamlord! Mission trips are awesome! I've been on several overseas trips.

Of course, our conference (UCC) has Teen Mission Adventure. It is a wonderful local area mission trip. I know several from your club have gone on it. They will testify I'm sure. It is also an awesome mission trip experience and it doesn't cost all the money. Both overseas and local mission trips are important. You can learn more about TMA at this tread: http://www.pathfindersonline.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=869

By the way, probably this should be moved to the Mission Trips section moderators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:11 am 
New Friend

opps i did not mention TMA huh ? sry i ment too but i forgot- lol i do that alot - just a warning :D TMA IS a great trip i went last year.... but got sick half way through and had to go home :smt022 it really encouraged me to go the The Dominican Republic

i did not know there was a different place to post mission stuff sry.... again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:55 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I just got back from a mission trip to the Dominican Republic with Teen Mission Impact December 25 to January 8. It was an incredible experience and I really want to go next year, and on other mission trips if possible. By the way, I think my brother went on the same trip to the Dominican Republic you did in June.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:52 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I am off to the Philippines in less than a month!! I am sooo excited, as this is my first mission trip, and my first time out of the US, besides Canada. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:33 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
I have been on two out of country mission trips and three domestic trips. I love it and can't get enough of it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:59 pm 
Astute Guide

veteranpathfinder wrote:
I have been on two out of country mission trips and three domestic trips. I love it and can't get enough of it!

same here, it must run in the family! (and to all the people out there, we didn't go on the same ones! we were only once on the same mission trip!)

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:00 am 
Master Guide

Wow... this post has completely flown under my radar until now... I have been on two foreign Mission trips and one or two domestic mission trips..

I highly suggest a mission trip experience to anyone who is debating the idea... :lol:

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:18 pm 
New Friend

veteranpathfinder wrote:
I love it and can't get enough of it!

hehe i can't either !! :D somethin that just lights a fire within :D I haven't been on in a long time and since then i have been to Nicaragua doin the same thing i did in Dominican. :) Im doin a home country campain this spring... im nervous yet excited ! :D

Through the tears and through the Pain, God brings new life, like the sun shines through the rain ! For in my darkest Hour - You revealed your Power and you Heard my desprete Cry, and reached to dry my eye. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:38 am 
Master Guide

Great! Just remember that God will be with you, even if it's in country. I need to find another trip to go on. I haven't been on one in a very long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:05 pm 
Master Guide

I may be going to Romania next summer to build ropes courses... but then I would miss summer camp... not sure what I'll do yet...

you will not be burned;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:49 am 
Master Guide

Hmmm... I would choose Romania personally. However, I know that you enjoy being an instructor at summer camp. I need to find a mission trip to a foreign country that I can help start, teach, and excite people about Pathfinders. Anybody know where I can find one of those?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:16 pm 
Master Guide

veteranpathfinder wrote:
I need to find a mission trip to a foreign country that I can help start, teach, and excite people about Pathfinders. Anybody know where I can find one of those?

Hmm... that would be an awesome mission trip!! We should do research, it would be awesome to get several Pathfinder staff, teens, young adults and do a trip like that!

I know my conference helped out pathfinder clubs in Peru (I believe) with uniforms. Lets keep our ears open and see where God leads!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:01 pm 
Master Guide

I might know of some need in Romania, but I'll have to ask the person who went last time if he is going back again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:14 pm 
Master Guide

The trip I might be going on is in no way associated with Pathfinders, it's through SAU, so... no he's not going.

you will not be burned;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:26 am 
Master Guide

don't think he was saying i was going. I was just interested in what you guys were doing... anyway, yea sounds like fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:55 pm 
Master Guide

No... pretty sure he was talking about one of the staff in our club that went to Romania a couple years ago doing pathfinder stuff... I was saying that he won't be going with us... wasn't referring to you at all...

sorry for the confusion... :oops:

you will not be burned;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:35 pm 
Master Guide

All of these experiences sound great. My wife has some distant cousins that we help support on their annual trip. I honestly can not remember to just what island in the S.P. now. We get a DVD slide show after promoting the program. They do an exceptional bit of work in a short time.

I never did get to go on a mission trip in spite of several going on while I was at the academy - bad timing mostly.

I would still like to go now, maybe some time God will arrange it.

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:39 am 
Helpful Explorer

I'd like to go on one.....but since we're immigrants...... :roll: :lol: but since I used to be a mission kid, I'm pretty sure I can wait! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:19 am 
I would like to go on one, and I will in about one year and a half. We are going to go as a family. I don't know where yet. It will probaly be fun!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:47 pm 
New Friend

wow i ahvent been back to this thread in a while :) :P oh well ;P haha

hey well i know i mentioned earlier my spirg campain here in the US - well God really blessed :D it was awsome - im not sure weather i like doin it here or there (another country) better ! :P hehe who knows ? :P lol in both areas my favorite thing is seeing Gods hand MOVE!

i would seriously recomend to any of you all to do a campain in your country or if your seriously worried ( i know i was ) go some where else and do one (where they dont speak your laungue ) and then come back and do it here :D its sooo awsome

hereiamlord

Through the tears and through the Pain, God brings new life, like the sun shines through the rain ! For in my darkest Hour - You revealed your Power and you Heard my desprete Cry, and reached to dry my eye. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:22 am 
Astute Guide

one thing that I have noticed on this topic is that everybody is talking mostly about overseas mission trips... I have seen one or two posts about domestic ones. I personally think that domestic trips are just as good as foreign ones, because too often we are forgetting about the people that we live with! So I guess my questions is how many have been on domestic mission trips... I personally have been on about 3; most of which were after hurricains.

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:43 pm 
Master Guide

hereiamlord wrote:
hey well i know i mentioned earlier my spring campain here in the US - well God really blessed :D it was awsome

:) hereiamlord, its so awesome you could do a evangelistic campaign in the US. Its not something that many young people do, especially in there home country. I'm sure it was a huge blessing. You got me inspired to do it!

wildernessfun wrote:
I personally think that domestic trips are just as good as foreign ones, because too often we are forgetting about the people that we live with! So I guess my questions is how many have been on domestic mission trips...
''

Very true wildernessfun, I've found that mission trips even 30 minutes from home can be such a big blessing. Whenever you get together with a group of young people and spend a week serving others amazing things happen. I've been on 6 domestic mission trips all here in the Northwest US. My conference organizes a Pathfinder Teen Mission Adventure each spring break. They have some of my best mission trip memories. It is an inexpensive opportunity and such a great experience. I wish more conferences did trips like this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am 
Yeah, that sounds like fun!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:48 pm 
In June/July my family is going on a mission trip with our church to Fiji. Our church has gone there before, but we have never gone with them. (It is also other churches, but it is mostly our church.) It will be fun!