Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bake Sale
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:08 am 
Astute Guide

Try a new twist on a old fund raiser.
Instead of just pricing the bake sale items and selling them from a table, have an auction.
Most groups have someone with a flare for talking that will make a good autioneer.
I don't know why, but people will bid and pay large sums of money for baked goods when using this format.
I have seen $15.00 paid for a bag of home made cookies and $50.00 for an apple pie.
I have also seen people bid and win an item and then put the item back into the sale for a second trip through.
We have had several successful bake sales using this format.

Mr. Mike

Post subject: Yeah!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, its an amazing thing isn't it. Something about the auctions brings out the "best beast" (pun intended) in each of us it seems. :!:

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:35 pm 
New Friend

This is consistently our best fundraiser each year. It usually follows a Sabbath evening vespers or some other event that causes people to find themselves away from home at suppertime.

Who wants to go home and think of something to eat on a Sabbath evening??
We serve a meal where the primary focus is not in making large amounts of money. That's just the hook that keeps them there. Of course, there's no desert with the meal; they have to buy their own :P

We've consistently brought in $1000 or more. A great fund raiser, and a lot of fun for everyone involved.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

My youth group in Orlando got tired of making, baking, splashing, and selling. . . so instead they sold tickets for $25, $50, and $100 that guaranteed the purchaser that they would NOT be hit up for any more fundraising gimmicks or sales for a stated period ($25 - 1 qtr, $50 for 1/2 year, $100 full year). We made $2,000 off that easy fundraiser. Of course, this one only works if you've done A LOT of fundraisers recently/historically.

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:19 am 
New Friend

By far, this is our most successful area of fundraising. We've never tried the auction format, but it sounds interesting and doable at our church (at least, until someone decides otherwise...). I do like the idea though. Thanks :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:51 pm 
Superlative Voyager

I think it's great that your church gets behind fundraising. I've seen a great trend in my area that the church mentality is, we give you money in our budget, if you need more find another source. So I do try and find fundraisers that bring in money for outside the church membership. So for each fundraiser during a year, we head to a differant part of town. We can often cover most parts of town over a year and as we always pass out literature, we have covered most of the town once a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:16 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I remember doing this for school, but I just thought of an idea, we used to get compliants because not all the goods were actually....well, good! So we'd figure we'd put all the bake goods in a big plate or basket and sell all of our goods together for a price between $10-20 depending on how many items we have we may sell for more. Now this way, if someone likes a specific "good" they can buy one seperatly. :) for maybe $1 -5 depending on how big the item. Just an idea I just came up with, now all we need is a church of our own and for summer to come along and we are good to go :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:57 pm 
Master Guide

That friend is not a bad idea at all. I like in deed, lets face it not everyone shares a similar taste and even if you like something well, like fudge you may not enjoy the recepie someone else uses. Sampler packs are a good way to work around that problem, wether you put together large trays for more money or small samplers for less it is an intruging way to get your customers motivated and a good way to identify those items you will want to have again.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International