Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:52 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I'm the first, yay. So... anyone want to discuss anything?

Post subject: OK START SOMTHING
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:39 pm 
New Friend

:D Sure lets discuss somthing!! Someone needs to suggest a topic though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not a teen, but am the moderator of the board, so here's a suggestion:

Music, best part of pathfinders, best TEEN pathfinder moments, TEEN mission trips, etc.

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:34 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Hey all, I'm Callie and I'm new to this website. I'm a 6th year pathfinder but i've been at the events since i was 4 so 12 years. I'm 16 in April. I'm with the Chillicothe Trailblazer pathfinders in Ohio. I love pathfinders. My parents are the leaders so I get to do a lot more than the others, but I'm not treated any different. I love to go backpacking, caivng, rapieling, hiking, play hockey and volleyball etc. I love 4-him they are great. Does anyone here kno anyone from Ohio? :D

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:42 pm 
New Friend

Hi

My name is Joshua. I'm 16 and a TLT. I direct our clubs fancy march and drill team and enjoy it very much. Sorry Callie I don't know anyone from Ohio. I am from Michigan. I like to Mountain Bike, and Snowboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:12 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Cool my friend Bri is in charge of that in ours. I'm gonna be like a counsuler in a year or two. Cool I've never done that it sounds fun though. We hav a bunch of new kids this year and they don't really tkae the stuff seriously and its costing us a lot of points b/c they just won't come. I liked it better last year when it was just me and my friends. Do you hav any problems with the kids listening to you b/c they refuse to listen to me the younger ones?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:43 pm 
Participating Companion

Hi 8) I'm Cassie, 17 from Michigan. I'm the head TLT in our club. As well as the oldest Pathfinder, lol. Um, I like to read and write, horseback ride, listen to music, play pool. I like to hike in South Dakota. Michigan is too enclosed for me. My favorite Christian artist is Mark Schultz.

And Callie, I know several people in Ohio. I was going to go to the Mark Schultz concert in Chillicothe, but it was canceled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:21 am 
Helpful Explorer

Hey awesome I live in chillicothe. I like to write and read to. I'm friends with the portsmith, athens, and hamlet group here they're the only ones i really know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:48 am 
Skillful Ranger

Hello everyone. I know I am not a teen, but just thought I would chime in here. I have completed the TLT program, and I am now a Counselor with my club. Yes, it is difficult getting some of the younger kids to listen to us teens (I know). I had the same problem when I was a TLT with my last club.

I also am in charge ofthe TLT's for my club. It's not something to be taken lightly. It requires a good deal of work ;) If anyone wants to talk, just drop me a message on this forum, or an email :)

Central NH Flames

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:09 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Ya I had some trouble with my friends right when I first started the TLT program, but then they started obeying me. Then this year all these new kids came in and don't like me to start with b/c of what their parents or grandparents have said, so then they really don't obey me. Its just so infuriating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:00 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I think it is b/c in my last club, I was too close in age to most of the kids, and they knew me personally. In my current club, I know the kids, but it is not as well. The directors respect my experience, and the kids see that. it helps ;)

Central NH Flames

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:04 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Everyone in my club is like 6 years younger than me except for my friend bri and bran. And it just gets so annoying, and they won't listen to my parents either and their the leaders. We normally get like a Silver trophy really close to being Gold, but this year we'll be lucky to get a bronze. They never show up and its ahhhhhh. I'm the only one with perfect points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:46 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Good work TLT's! I was a TLT once. Now I'm an official leader/counselor. You'll find as you continue your training and experience you'll gain more than just knowledge, but a respect of (yes it's true) the Pathfinders themselves, and most importantly, the respect and trust of the leaders. Keep God as your primary focus and you can do no wrong.

Marcie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:04 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Thanks. I have one year left then I get to upgrade. I've been one for two years. So I hope those kids will listen to me but I know one never will, b/c she hates me, so ya. Is anyone watching the prophesy code with Doug Batchelor? I havn't missed one they are really good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:51 pm 
Participating Companion

Thank you Marcie. :) I haven't been watching Prophecy Code. Didn't even know it was on.

Anyways, I'm going camping tomorrow with my Pathfinder club to Camp AuSable. Thank goodness we're not staying in tents. I really dislike camping as it is, but tents make it worse. :P So, but have a good weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:10 pm 
Superlative Voyager

I've been watching the Prophecy Code..If you have missed anything - all the past meetings are now on the web at http://www.prophecycode.org You can also print out extra reading material about the studies Doug has been presenting! A lot of this stuff will help you TLT's with your curriculum into Master Guides and Leaders.

Marcie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:47 am 
Helpful Explorer

Ahhhhhhhh I love camping, but i've done I was a couple weeks old in a tent so lol. Ya that was really funny when Doug did that backflip. I hope u hav fun.

Post subject: hey wussup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:00 pm 
New Friend

wussup eveyrone my name is Pierre, im 17, from northern virginia, washington DC area. im out of pathfinders for now but it was fun while I was in, i was the drill instructor, did an ay class, and was a junior counselor(i sitll do their website though), a lot of my friends left before I did but I still had fun and it felt good to help the kids there.

what exactly are we talking bout now? just being a TLT? I have an idea... I like to collect quotes and scripture that are inspirational, so what are your favorite verses or sayings and such? here are some of mine:

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. --James D. Miles

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.--Henry Ford

Phil 4:11-13 NIV
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

I like these because it helps bring my focus on living a more Christ like life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:48 pm 
Helpful Explorer

That is my mom's favorite verse. I don't really know what my favorite is. I havn't found one yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:55 am 
Helpful Explorer

Hey csouljah,
Can you give me the address to that Pathfinder website you do? I would like to see it. I am not a TLT, never was, but let me ask you guys a question: why do you think teen Pathfinders leave the club? The ones I have spoken to feel that it is no longer "cool" to be in Pathfinders during high school so they take off, sometimes from the church all together. What do you think?

Miguel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:59 am 
New Friend

Hello Miguel,
sure, the site is http://www.viennasda.org/pathfinders
It was down a few days ago but should be up and running now.

As far as your second question... I know exactly what you mean. My own friends left a few years before I did, right about when they got in high school.
(personally, I was very busy with all the other stuff I had comming up like at school, so I didnt have time for pathfinders, and there was an even that I was going to be a part of that took place the same time is most meetings... but I only left my last year as a TLT, this yr)

My answer to that is depending on the club, they are not doing a good enough job of keeping the teens interested. My club was good, but not good enough for some of their tastes, and you have to understand that teens are trying to discover new things and want to have fun more than anything. Many prefer not to read stuff for requirement and to do this and that, and to have to do drill and stand in line... as funny as that sounds... BUT that was one group of my friends. Another group of my friends are completely opposite, but they are from different clubs, in fact, a different conference. They LOVE being in pathfinders, and enjoy every bit of it, the counseling the drilling and performance, and one thing that my club didn't have was drum core, which people especially like. I think there where other things that those clubs did that kept youth there, but the churches they were attached to also did a good job with other youth programs. My church does an ok job, but compared to what I have seen and heard about other churches in my area they could do better.

Sometimes you could just be unlucky and have a bunch of teens that would never be interested... something has to make them want to come there, and when some people started to leave at my club, others saw their friends weren't there anymore and decided to follow suit. I stayed because I felt that there was more to pathfinders than just being with my friends. I took on many more leadership roles and felt that I could at least help the younger kids. Not every teen has these ideals.

so as far as teens not thinking its cool, you're right many don't. many people kinda laughed at me when they found out I was still in pathfinders. They often feel they have better things to do(jobs, girlfriends and boyfriends, homework, or just having fun somewhere else). and to the note that some leave the church altogether, like I said earlier it may be that unattractive (to teens) clubs may also be attached to not so good youth programs. I don't know if other people would disagree with what I have said but this is my take on the situation.

You may also want to make this a seperate topic in this section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:16 pm 
I think a big reason teens leave the club is lack of time. I know I stayed in Pathfinders untill this year when I went to PUC but most of the teens left before I did. They got busy with Academy and things like that. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:19 pm 
Helpful Explorer

At my church the reason why the kids leave pathfinders is because they go to MVA(mount vernon acadamy) when they get into high school. I'm having some trouble with that now because all my friends are going up there and leaving me here all by myself. And I'm so sad because I'm going to miss them so much and no one understands why I'm so sad. Because I'm never going to see them again, and their my best friends and there isn't any kids down at my church my age they are all like below 10 and i'm 16 so its so frustrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:01 pm 
New Friend

That happens alot in our Conf. too. GLAA (Great Lakes Adventist Academy) won't let anyone start a campus PF Club. So most of the kids that go their just drop out of Pathfinders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:58 pm 
Participating Companion

Yeah, it's really sad. When I went to GLAA I would have joined a Pathfinder club. From what I heard, the Cedar Chips would cooperate but the dorms and such wouldn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next