[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - Pathfinder Club Bus

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pathfinder Club Bus
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:58 pm 
New Friend

Last edited by WalterJohn on Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:34 am 
Helpful Explorer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:20 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:53 am 
Superlative Voyager

Central California Conference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:44 am 
Helpful Explorer

Post subject: Bus f orum
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:51 pm 
New Friend

Post subject: Bus forum
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:35 am 
Site Admin

I believe that this thread and ones similar to it belong either in the "buy / sell" forum or in the Staff/Director's corner. I am moving it to the STaff/DIrector's corner forum in fact. Thank you for this worthwhile discussion.

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:13 pm 
Participating Companion

I was never a pathfinder as a kid.
I was at FOF in '04 and DTP in '99.
Wishing '09 to be in Heaven...Or Idaho.

Last edited by M Koskenmaki on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:41 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:55 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:23 pm 
New Friend

Update on our bus:

We had the injectors flowed and turned the pump up 15% (a full turn on the aneroid control rod) and hooked the 14ft tandem axle trailer behind it. It now runs loaded with the trailer behind it like it did empty. Really a big difference. I haven't checked the mileage yet.
I had to turn the exhaust pipe out to the side to prevent it from blackening the front of the white trailer. It was pointed straight out the back right at the trailer.

Before I give it more fuel we will need gauges (boost pressure and pyrometer) then taller tires to bring the cruising RPM down into the torque range.

We took it on a 254 mile round trip last weekend and first impression is really good.

Oh, yeah, federal regulations now state that there will be no more school busses with standard transmissions, if it's a school bus it will have an automatic. I don't know when this becomes effective, or even if it already has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:20 pm 
New Friend

We just returned from Teen Extreme Caving Adventure and we're loving our bus more and more. We still have to put on the taller tires to give it more top speed, but the modifications have so far netted us an increase in mileage from 7.3mpg when we got the bus, to 8.4mpg pulling the trailer.
I still need to get the gauges installed and the taller tires before I tweak the pump any more. We are going to do the taller tires to increase speed and decrease engine speed and noise, however I know of another club who installed a three speed "brownie" behind the transmission. This gives them an overdrive gear, they tell me it decreased engine speed by 500 rpm at cruising speed. This should get them a nice increase in mileage.

Oh yeah, the new federal regulations on the formulation of diesel fuel go into effect in January '07. Most of the fuel we are buying now is the new super-low sulfer formulation. This is like everything else the government gets it's fingers into: it has minimal benefits for the environment and maximum downside for consumers. My diesel pump friend says he is rebuilding pumps that are worn out in places that pumps have never worn before. There is no lubricating quality left in the new "dry" fuel. He is ordering parts for pumps from Bosch and others that he's never had to replace before. He recommends we mix some additive with our fuel, so we are using Lucas Lubricity additive. At work (Heavy Equipment Rental Company) we are using another additive that adds lubricants to the fuel. Any good additive will work, just not automatic trans fluid (ATF). ATF is a detergent and will work very will to clean deposits from the tank, lines, pump and injectors, but doesn't do much for lubricity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:57 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:07 pm 
New Friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:38 pm 
Master Guide