Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

What's your favorite part of Pathfinders?
Camping / Camporees 52%  52%  [ 25 ]
Drilling 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Hanging out with friends 31%  31%  [ 15 ]
Getting Honors 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Bible Bowl Competitions 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 48
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:38 pm 
New Friend

You forgot to put helping others! I would have picked that one!

I like all of them though, like you... it all comes together to make pathfinders great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:44 pm 
New Friend

lol its ok its no biggie.... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:56 pm 
New Friend

The best thing about Pathfinders is hanging out with friends and the best place is camping or at camporees. Especially now that i am older it interesting to go to events and see how my friends have changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:20 pm 
Master Guide

Right on my friend Simeon!!!

I really enjoy the friends aspect of pathfinders :!: It is nice to have some teens that have a good positive influence on me!!!

Post subject: dunno
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:50 pm 
Participating Companion

hanging out wid meh friends and meeting new friends is the best part of pathfinders. :smt052

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:33 pm 
Participating Companion

thanx i thought they fit the subject. it doesnt matter what you put on the poll. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:56 pm 
Helpful Explorer

First of all I love hanging out with my friends...probably b/c I'm homeschooled and that's where I get my social interaction. Then comes camping and camporees!!! I love going there b/c I get to see all my friends from all over the conference that I probably wouldn't see otherwise! I think Pathfinders is great all the way around!!!!! :D

"Don't wait for the one you can live with, wait for the one you can't live without."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:54 pm 
Master Guide

:) Hey Katie!! Glad you found this site!!

Yep, friends mean a lot sence we both home school.....

Havn't seen you sence the Fair! I wish we were in the same district!! I mean Hermiston and Tri Cities are 40 min. apart.. but no I'm stuck with Walla Walla area!

:o I'm looking forward to the Conference Camporee in September!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:36 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I've actually known about this place for quite awhile...and I've been watching it. I've registered a couple times, but it didn't like those email addresses. So...I finally found one it liked..and here I am!!!
Friends mean a lot to those of us who homeschool!!! I would die without my friends!!! And Pathfinders!!!

"Don't wait for the one you can live with, wait for the one you can't live without."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:56 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Neato Frito!!!!! That's Awesome Pfcamper!!! I don't particularly like being homeschooled b/c I'm am a total people person. What program are you doing???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:37 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I'm doing Alpha Omega Academy. It has been a good program...they've got their quirks, but you can do it on the computer or from books. You can call the teachers for help, and they've got an online campus that you can meet other students on. It's really a neat program. I just miss all the social interaction!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:45 pm 
Master Guide

:) I like home schooling!

We have an interesting program. We don't follow any one program. I do have Alpha Omega Spanish. We chose the ones we like best.

Homeschooling gives you more time to do hobbies and outside stuff. I am verry much a people person, and I don't miss out socally! I have 2 friends that also homeschool and our church school is right next door. I'm active in our youth group and pathfinder group too... What is school for socializing or learning anyways!!

Homeschooling has also given me the opportunity for Mission trips, and other educational trips too. It's not for everybody but I like it 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:13 am 
Helpful Explorer

Well, my time was partially filled with music...and then Pathfinders...and school. It wasn't enough though. I don't even have a hobby to occupy my time. Any suggestions?
You're lucky...having the school right next door. That would make it easier...I suppose. Maybe I'm just not doing the right program. Oh well, I'm waiting to be accepted at the moment. I'm soooooooooo excited!!!!! Our youth group doesn't do all that much, so I'm lacking the socialness there. But it did let me do a cross-country trip in the fall...went to NC and back. It was great!!! Homeschooling has its advantages and disadvantages. But I think going to school is important...it helps you build social skills...at least it would with the younger kids. I'm pretty much perfect in all my social skills!!! :smt083 :smt043

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:21 pm 
Master Guide

How you like Upper Columbia Academy Katie :?:

Too bad you can't come to the camporee this weekend.... :(

Camping has to be the best part of pathfinders... :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:27 am 
Master Guide

Camping is the best part. That's were all the real fun is. Especially when we get to play night games, ie capture the flag, evasion, etc.... That would be my favorite part.

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:06 pm 
Master Guide

Yea, Capture the flag is fun, my club always does it at our spring campout in the dark... :mrgreen:

Is evasion kinda like what my Conference calls stalking in consealment? We usually play a large game Saterday night. The adults have flashlights and the units of pathfinders try to get from point A to point B. It's allot of fun in the dark and in a forested area! It is the highlight of the camporee a lot of times for me... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:00 pm 
Master Guide

Yeah, that's basically what it is, except we play without flashlights. Kinda makes it more fun for us. It's really fun to play with the TLT's (and maybe some staff) versus everyone else. Even better if you have an ex army ranger on your team. We did that once, got all six of our team in against the 30 other people playing. What fun that was.

you will not be burned;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:10 am 
Master Guide

So, you try to get past the other team and to an objective :?:

:wink: Sounds fun, I have so many funny near to be caught storys!

Last summer at my districts Jamboree, We played and I was sneaking around and I saw a flash light. I hit the ground and it still came in my direction. I wormed my way all the way around a tree without him seeing me. :D I figured out later who it was and told him... he was like AHH :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:50 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Hey Mitch!!!
I'm enjoying UCA a lot!!! I just got back from this thing called Senior Survival!!! It's a lot like backpacking I would think. It's not my kind of thing!!! But I survived!!! I had a total blast!!! I made some lifelong friends!!! I would come to the Camporee except I've got school on Sunday!!! Bummer!!! I miss you guys a lot!!! Give yourself a hug for me!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:39 pm 
Master Guide

Katie Marie wrote:
Hey Mitch!!!
I'm enjoying UCA a lot!!! I just got back from this thing called Senior Survival!!! It's a lot like backpacking I would think. It's not my kind of thing!!! But I survived!!! I had a total blast!!! I made some lifelong friends!!!

:wink: Glad you Survived and are having a good time at UCA :!:

Did you pathfindering expertese help you in Senior survival?? I would think it would. 8)

pfcamper wrote:
Hehe....cool! That sounds like a ton of fun!! I'd love to play that some time! :D

Could you guys give me an example of a game like that? Do you guys have boundaries? Do you have to get into a certain perimeter?

This last weekend at the UCC Pathfinder Camporee, I played a Bible Smuglers Game. We watched a video about a boy in Russia (at the time the USSR) that smuggled bibles. Then we played the game. We had to smuggle bible verses from point A to point B. If a Gastapo person caught us we had to say the verse for memory. If we got it right they would let us go if not the would confinscate the verse and we would have to start all over... :mrgreen:

It was fun :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:35 pm 
Master Guide

I love survival things kind of things. It's like capture the flag. My conference has done something like that, except it was like a refugee thing. I think they wanted us to know what it would be like to be persecuted. I really enjoyed.

you will not be burned;

Post subject: Camping
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:27 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I love going camping cause I get to see my friends,and march.So I'm all set.BUt don't get me wrong I love to march I am the best one in our club.Even ask my mom.I really don't like the bible bowl that much and this year it is really hard.And there is 300 names in the books we are reading. :( .I love camping we go to a camp in every winter.I get to plan it this year.So if anyong has any advice on planning a camp in please let me know.I could use the help.Thanx
Sweetlips

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:15 pm 
Master Guide

Hey, welcome to the forum sweetlips101 :!: hope to see you hanging around here often. 8)

Yea, marchings fun, The last couple years I've been the drill master for the my clubs freestyle team.

Awesome, winter camping!! I love camping in the snowy, cold inviorment of winter. Always, always dress for the weather though... :mrgreen:

Have you ever built a snow shelter? It is amaizing how warm they can be when you sleep in them. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:15 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I also like to plan camp outs.But right now I'm palnning a camp-in.and we are studying for bible bowl.ANd I'm stuck I'm looking for Ideas like games to play relating to the chapters you just read.If you have any ideas please let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:22 am 
Helpful Explorer

Those would so cool and they would be played with a big group of maybe 40 or so.Those are some really good ideas Iwill put those into the schedule