Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:56 pm 
Master Guide

I compleated my 4th year as a TLT last year!! It was an awesome program.

My question is what do I keep on my uniform? Do you just keep my 4 year pin. Does the braid, tlt pin, and patch come off?... or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:00 pm 
Superlative Voyager

I think Fish is the one to ask about this... he's quite scholarly about the official procedure for uniforms.

I don't know whether it's proper or not, but I've seen Pathfinders that go on to become staff wearing their pin on their uniform, nothing else. The braid is to denote TLT membership, and you are no longer a TLT. And the same with the patch (I believe).

And correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I thought that TLT's officially wear white shirts instead of khaki ones. That of course would change (if it's correct) when you would change to Pathfinder staff.

Chris' turn to correct that :D (or add to it)

Central California Conference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:19 pm 
Astute Guide

Mitch
Congratulations on your 4 year TLT completion. Nice work :!:

Are you going to be part of a Pathfinder Club staff?
If so, you would replace the TLT stuff with an Instructor or Counselor sleeve patch.
Keep your black 4 year pin until you get a red staff service star.
I think all rest the TLT stuff comes off the uniform.
There is a big TLT patch that can stay on the sash.
Other TLT stuff could be moved to the sash if you would like.
The braid can be passed down to another TLT.

I would encourage you to get your Master Guide if you have not done so.
That would be the next logical step.

Mr Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:55 am 
Master Guide

What they said.

There is no official transition, that is, in the rawest sense the entire TLT Uniform is scrapped and you now wear the Pathfinder Staff Uniform, or the Staff Unifom of the appropriate youth ministry in which you participate.

I too would keep the Black Star on my left pocket until receiving the first Red Service Star. Then that too should move to your Sash. In the end the only truly TLT item the will appear on your shirt might be the pin.

The pins are tie tacks and meant to be used that way or as part of the Sash. I see many clubs use them as "membership" pins and have Pathfinders wearing them on their left pocket or elsewhere. I suggest that they be used as leadership pins. As you (many of us have) progress you may be part of almost every youth ministry we have to offer. To denote a level of training and experience in each individual area:
    Pathfinders
    Adventurers
    TLT
    Eager Beaver
    Little Lamb
    AYS/AJYS/Sabbath School
    Camps

Then I suggest that if a person has completed the Basic Training in that ministry and served a single year in it as a staff member or TLT then they ought wear that lapel style pin on the cover of their right pocket to designate that. I have adopted this opinion in part first as a reaction to the strange encounters I have had with some relatively inexperienced staff members who seem to think (not knowing me) because I wear a Pathfinder MG Uniform I know nothing about their Adventurer (or other club) issues. Well, I can spend heaps of time explaining it or simply display it like the class levels. Second, to help bridge the experience gap as programs become more diverse and distant in practice.

That of course is my opinion and not policy. Policy will be as it was described by Phil and Mr. Mike, at the investiture of the end of your first year as a staff member having passed TLT you will take the last of the TLT emblems from your new khaki shirt.

Good work Mitch, I hope you're a lifer.

Happy Sabbath,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:04 pm 
Participating Companion

As it was explained to me, you can only wear the braid if you're working with TLT's as well. There is a group of teens working on something for finished TLT's cause you don't really have anything to show for it, but as I said, it is being worked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:03 am 
Master Guide

:wink: Thanks guys,

I am going to be a counselor this year!!
As a directors son I will have lots more to do too... :lol: I defenitly enjoy pathfinders and am planing on being a lifer Chris!!

I am a master guide Mr Mike. My conference Upper Columbia Conference does a Teen Pathfinder of the Year Award that I have been working on... I got 2 more years to finnish. I think I am going to be the 4th person to finish and get all the awards. So isn't the next step the PLA?

I would have to agree with you Cassiopea! There should be a small emblem to designate the completion of the TLT course. I would think a pin that could be pinned on the right pocket would be best I don't know... my sash is so full I don't think I would want another patch!

Well thanks for the imput, keep pathfindering on to heaven :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:45 pm 
Superlative Voyager

our conference is planning to implement the other two advanced classes. Pioneer and Navigator... have you done those classes? and has anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:38 pm 
Master Guide

Florida's classes. They are pretty good really, I did them During 02-03 It went well and I had a couple of teens work on them but with other items they did not finish them.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:47 pm 
Master Guide

I havn't done them Phillip.

I have swiched gears and started teaching and instucting allot, instead of earning and earning. It is good to challenge the teens though!! I really enjoy teaching the classwork and honors to other kids. I try to make it as interesting, informitive and interactive as I can!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:10 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Hey Mitch - I wanted to make sure you knew how excited I am to know there are teens out there who are concerned about leading others to Christ - and that you're one of them! You remind me of myself when I was 18. I'm almost done with my MG, just a few more classes to go and of course the Church Heritage Award. I'm reading the Messages to Young People right now - just got done with Desire of Ages. I at one time was concerned with how many honors I earned - as I used to think that the people with the most patches earned the most respect (truly I had much more respect for the heavily laden sashes!) lol. I found out quickly that it's not the honors that made the difference - it's what the person wants to make of their life, and the lives of those around them. I learned that it's the teaching of God's Word that will lead these kids to Jesus. Keep up the good work Mitch, and other teens that are working on MG. It's well worth the effort. I'm only 23 - but I haven't given up, and soon I too will be MG along with the rest of you. Now when should I be invested? 2009? lol. Catch ya later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:39 am 
Superlative Voyager

Quote:
I have swiched gears and started teaching and instucting allot, instead of earning and earning. It is good to challenge the teens though!! I really enjoy teaching the classwork and honors to other kids. I try to make it as interesting, informitive and interactive as I can!

Haha... welcome to Pathfinders. You teach more than you earn... You're reaching the turning point in Pathfinders. This is where you're no longer a Pathfinder (kid) and now you're a staff member (adult). You've learned enough to start being in charge of things, and now you're ready to help lead out :D lol, no more huge lists of honors. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:56 pm 
Master Guide

Your an encourager Marcie! It is true we are in it for leading the kids to Christ. That is what pathfindering is all about!

When I see some of my friends quit pathfinders just because they are old and don't want to help out or take the time to really make a difference :cry: it makes me sad. But I know lots of teen friends that are in it for the long hall and really know what serving God is all about.

Hope can get your master guide Marcie. It taught me so much! I really enjoyed the reading!.. It is a lot but is very important to understand. Keep on working you'll get done :D

Yep Phillip, I'm glad to help teach others now. In this world if I can in any way help prepare those kids for life it's well worth it!! Know that I have compleated the TLT course I am glad to at least think that I know the basics. Practice, time and learning from others will compleate my pathfindering education!!

Hope to see everyone of you at the truely international pathfinder camporee in Heaven :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:13 am 
Participating Companion

I have been a pathfinder since before I can remember. Sun Beam, Busy Bee, Builders, etc. all the way up to about 2 years ago when I stopped because I was doing some major exams. Our club meetings are on Sundays which is the day I completed my major assignments and studied. I had decided I probably wouldn't go back. :roll: However, I am very good with children. :smt060 I love to talk with them and just mentor them.

I had been doing all of this mentoring with the kids on Sabbath afternoons and sometimes in the week when my little brother said that he wished I would come back to club. So I decided to do the Masterguide course.

The course is a bit strenuous at times. We just came back from camp where we did hiking, fire lighting, fire building, camp cooking, etc. I had muscle pain all weekend :lol: but i guess it is worth it.:) . I can't wait to go back to my club and teach them all the things I am being trained. :D

:!: We are doing this to lead kids to Christ. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:27 pm 
Astute Guide

Mitch, I am glad that you have earned your Master Guide already.
I keep forgetting that you can be a TLT and Master Guide.
PLA would be next. It is a couple of years worth of work, but worth it.
Looking forward to reading about your being invested at the PLA level.

Mr Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:30 am 
Skillful Ranger

My club had a staff meeting on Wednesday night. I will be done with school in December, so I will be working with the Pathfinders for another month. We are getting a lot of kids this year, so we are basically splitting into a Junior and Teen club. I will probably be working with the younger Pathfinders. My directors were kidding me about how many honors I have. I have almost 40... I just need my director to get the patches for me :)

Central NH Flames