Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I feel pressured.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:56 pm 
Participating Companion

I fell kinda pressusured by my faith. Or maybe i'm hyper critical or something. It seems like nothing it good enough or something. Like today at this day camp i'm going to, we had to do this act out music thing. It was kinda ok but like it was a love song :smt060 and the girl were supposed to flip off the guys. :smt017 And we were supposed to act "retarted"(ok, we didnt really do that part that much but we were supposed to). It is an SDA camp and I suppose they are just trying to help us have fun. I participated, after praying abit like for forgivness if what I was doing was wrong. Another thing that bothers me is that we are doing a musical. :smt034 It has spirtual things in it im not really sure about. I fell funny singing songs too like even FOF. Set my faith on fire , thats my one desire. Who here has no other desires? :? I have desires. I want a horse for one thing. :P The list goes on and on. I'm driving myself crazy, I get guilty alot. How can I lead a good Christian life without going over the edge? :smt099 My Mom says things like GOD's not that mean and stuff, but if I think it would be a sin for me to do this or that, how can I loosen up? :cry: PLZ pray for me. :smt100 me GOD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:14 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Well let me just share this.

It's better to have an overactive conscience than an underactive conscience.

The girls n guys song flipping off thing isn't appropriate I agree. But for the rest of the things... They'll work themselves out as long as you keep your head on straight :)

Central California Conference

Post subject: Same here
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:50 am 
New Friend

well it feels like you dug deep inside me, and said how i felt. i feel that same way about things. i want to do the best for God, but sometimes i feel like i come short, and telling myself that God forgives and that i am not perfect does not satisfy the fact that He died for me, therefore He deserves the best.

the singing part does sound more secular, and it must have been hard to be there. i feel the same with certain activities or that way some people behave in church, like if it was their house (it is Gods house!!!) wel i guess i should leave it at that before i get more paranoid.

will pray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:01 pm 
Astute Guide

I think it is a positive thing that you question whether things are spiritual or not or at least lead to things spiritual.
Don't ever stop asking if something is appropriate for a child of God.
You may be correct while those around you are in error.

As for desires, the FOF song was a reference to our greatest desire - To love God as he loves us and to let that love fill us so we can spread to all around us.

After that, wanting a horse is beautiful. I hope you get that opportunity.

I will pray for you :!:

Mr Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:31 am 
New Friend

Hey it took me 13 years to get my horse! When I finally did get one, she was the best animal I could have ever asked for, but had I gotten her sooner she may not have been just right for me yet. Patience, sis. :D :) Perhaps God is working on the right horse(s) for you.

As for the songs, at least you are thinking about what they are saying. Too many times we (read- I) sing the songs without thinking about their true meaning and miss a blessing about it.

Stay true to God, and don't let it get you down. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU." (I dare add- a horse should it be His will.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:44 pm 
Astute Guide

ChristianGurl, I am praying for you! I have struggled with this, too. (And, might I add, just recently figured everything out.) The song, I definately agree was a bad choice on the part of the director of the camp. FOF song: It means that having your faith set of fire is your greatest desire (or rather, the greatest desire of the song writer.) And there is a difference between a greatest desire and wanting something to be your greatest desire too (does that make any sense?). As humans, we don't always word things in the best way. The principal of the song is that we want to be on-fire for God and so we can show Him to the world. If you have questions, feel free to pm anyone on the board, I'm sure they would be happy to help you out. Maybe you should talk to your pastor and see what he says about these things :D.

Frankly, this is why I am a little more on the conservative side--the further on time goes, the more liberal liberals are getting. It is bad to be too liberal, but it is also bad to be too conservative. I guess I'm kind of in the middle. Every issue seems to have equal and opposite extreme opinions, both of which are too far one direction or the other. I'm in the middle on a lot of things. Is that okay? (Okay, I got a little off-topic! :lol: )

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:36 pm 
New Friend

yea i kno how that is. if you already prayed and repented and you believe that you are forgiven then you should have a peace of mind. It takes a while for a person to forget bout what they did, but often times ppl still regret what they do. Just remember that as soon as you ask for forgivness believe that you are forgiven. (just be careful not to overdo it and think that your forgiven for everything and just pray and thats it. ) lol. smile and say I'm forgiven!