[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - advance drilling type

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: advance drilling type
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:38 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Our club has been learning PT march, box step, circular formation, obliques. Anyone else have some neat advanced steps to share and how to perform them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:24 pm 
Astute Guide

The best fancy drill that I have seen (video tape) was the silent drill done by the Marine Drill team. They did their routine without a single command given. It was done slowly and in silence. It was most impressive.

Most of the fancy drill I have seen Pathfinders do is done as quickly as possible with small steps so that if someone is out of step, it might not be seen.

Mr. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:23 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I saw a movie one time where marines did the silent drill. It was sooo cool. :)

Central NH Flames

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:56 pm 
Master Guide

I have seen several movies and tapes fiction and news footage of drill. I enjoy it very much. I would love to see a Pathfinder team that measured up to the level of a military team but in perspective a military Drill and ceremony team will march and drill every day unless assigned to a ceremony (which they march and drill in) or assigned to combat. I is an awsome site to see any professional military group march even if it is just a dress group marching on the parade ground the level of expertise is exceptional.

We drill for coordination development, for self discipline, and unit cohesion the same reasons the military does it, but then for a different goal. Thankfully.

Chris Fishell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:39 am 
Astute Guide

Yes the military drill team's job is to do drill so they practice all the time.
I would think we can use the "professional" drill team videos as a motivator for even our regular drill. The videos show what is possible if you are not cutting up in the ranks.

Mr. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:34 am 
Skillful Ranger

My club has startd an advanced drill team. I can't wait to see their routine ;)

Central NH Flames

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:42 pm 
Master Guide

I am sorry, I did not mean to imply that the use of military or other drill video was of no use. I like them, they do help to show a team what can be done and can also provide insperation for routine development.

I also beleive that all people should stive to do their absolute best at any task they have before them. I just think that we want to be careful that some might expect this sort of professional performance from themselves or others who practice only an hour a week or maybe less.

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject: Precision Drill
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:17 pm 
New Friend

I have a precision drill manaual that I have written that I will make available to you all if your interested. There may be a slight charge to cover shipping and printing but only about $10-15, I am not sure yet, depends on weight and number of pages. It is entitled the "The Drill Instructors Complete Guide To Precision Drilling And Marching." I was trained under many different instructors over the years but I was also trained by a 23 year veteran marine drill instructor in pathfinders. This is a book on elite drilling and it also has some advanced routines and many useful tips and tricks in it for the instructor, it is very comprehensive I am putting the finishing touches on it now, it will be done in a month or so, if you would like me to put you on a list to recieve it, email me at Pastor_2004@yahoo.com and I will make arrangements for you all to get it.

Director Moore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:53 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Post subject: Drill Manual
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:21 pm 
New Friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:56 pm 
Master Guide

Director Moore,

This is a great endeavor, I hope more leaders will find time and ambition to share there experience through publication. The existance of the internet makes publishing such things much more practical than it once was.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

DirectorMoore,

Have you ever thought of publishing this manual primarily online so that others would be the ones that would have to worry about printing and publication? It could potentially save you tons of time and money.

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:16 pm 
New Friend

Post subject: Glad you're okay!
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:20 am 
Master Guide

I've found, as my club drill instructor, that's it's lots o fun and can be really productive if you ask your kids to think up completely new moves. We did last year and did better than our club has done in years.

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:15 am 
Superlative Voyager

Central California Conference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:49 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:20 pm 
Skillful Ranger

[quote="Mr Mike"]The best fancy drill that I have seen (video tape) was the silent drill done by the Marine Drill team. They did their routine without a single command given. It was done slowly and in silence. It was most impressive.

Most of the fancy drill I have seen Pathfinders do is done as quickly as possible with small steps so that if someone is out of step, it might not be seen.

Mr. Mike[/quote]

My dad did a routine like that with his team once. He said, "Forward March" and they didn't stop until he said, "Pathfinders Halt". It sounds like it was really cool! :-)

Post subject: Re: Drill Manual
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:33 pm 
New Friend

Post subject: Re: Drill Manual
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:49 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:06 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:31 pm 
New Friend

I am a former Marine, but more importantly I am a servant of God. I have to agree on what was posted regarding the Silent Drill Team that tours our country. I always try to instill in my Pathfinders that discipline that I was taught in the Marine Corps. The only major difference is that I lean on the Guidance of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I absolutely enjoy teaching Close Order Drill/ Marching. No bias intended the Marine Corps does instruct in my opinion the best Close Order Drill. I do happen to know some unique formations and marching techniques that work and are easy to learn. I would love to see this manual that has been mentioned in this post once it is ready. Take care and May God Bless you alll. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:44 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:47 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:01 pm 
Master Guide

It is.