Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:43 pm 
Helpful Explorer

This years Camporee is in Wisconsin and so is our club, you would think we would be the first to have sgned up, but here is the problem.

We cant afford to send all our Pathfinders for the $180+ it costs, we're doing fundraisers and such, but it's kind of late to be doing that we dont have much time left. Not all of our pathfinders will be able to go, however if w e pay the $55 to just go to watch we can all go. My arguemnt is that I prefer that we all go to just watch instead of most of us staying at home, while the others get to have fun and learn.

For $200 we can send 4 pathfinders to watch instead of just 1 to participate. Do you think it's fair to sacrafice half the club so the other half can go and have fun? I don't.

I think it's selfish from my staff to tell me and other Pathfinders to stay home so they can go and participate. I am really upset that they would turn down the chance to send all the kids to watch, just so a few can participate, am I wrong in thinking that either all pathfinders go to watch or we all stay? That noone should get special treatment? That if we are a team we should do things together?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:57 am 
Astute Guide

I tend to agree with you. Depending on your situation, I think it may be a good idea to talk with your pastor about it. He's kinda the head man, and if he can make a decision, then you have backup when you tell the staff what the decision is. When I was the VBS director this summer, I worked closely with the pastor (partly because I was so young, he wanted to support me). Whenever I had to make any big decisions, I consulted with him, so that if anyone questioned me I had backup.

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:07 am 
Master Guide

I think I'd use the club funds to cover the $55 for all who want to go and watch. If anyone in the club wants to fully participate, they should be invited to kick in the extra $125.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:16 pm 
Helpful Explorer

since I'm not director this time around, I cant really do much. What i had planned was to do something fun with the Pathfinders who couldnt afford to go, so they don't feel so sad and left out, but now my family has decided to pay for my ticket to the Camporee as an early Birthday present, so naturally I can't say no. i ask that you all pray for the pathfinders from every club that couldnt go and hope they dont feel bad or rejected for not being able to go and for me I wnated to go to the Camporee but I didnt want to leave anyone behind and now I feel horrible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:54 am 
Master Guide

Dasdream,

I do understand what you mean. Hard to be left behind. But also, in my opinion, some directors leave until the last minute the planning of the International Camporee.