All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Do you like TLT's
Yes 94%  94%  [ 15 ]
No 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: Re: New TLT's
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:12 pm 
New Friend

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I'm also a TLT. I've been in the program for a few years already, but I have yet to really fulfill my duties as a TLT. I was worried at first since I always thought I could never become a good leader. I have some weak qualities, but that's why we're training. It does feel good when you have some authority now and a bit of freedom.

What I find interesting about Pathfinders who do not listen very well to their elders are those who can't be disciplined properly. Maybe you can get them to do Dril & Marching in which case you will get the chance to give commands where they'll have to listen to you. This way you can build up that kind of trust where they won't ignore you and you won't have to give any punishment.

If all else fails pray to God to help you how to deal with it.

Happy Sabbath everyone!

-Tim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:03 pm 
Astute Guide

Welcome, Tim! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us!

David and 4mase, and anyone else, I would definately encourage you to make sure you talk to your director about your disciplinary rights, and if possible do it at a staff meeting where the other staff members are present, and then you have the support of all the staff to do what you can within your limits.

In my club, the TLTs are allowed to ask Pathfinders to do something, assign tasks, etc. If a problem arises, we are to instruct the Pathfinders that they need to do what we just asked them. If the Pathfinder doesn't follow through, we are to quietly go get a nearby staff, inform them of the problem, and leave disciplinary action up to them. The kids in our club know for the most part that what the TLTs say goes, and listen fairly well (although definitely not all the time!).

The rules also may vary. I am a 4th year TLT (the oldest of them all), and have proven myself a capable leader within my capacities. Therefore, even though the director usually prefers that TLTs don't give out pushups, he doesn't mind if I assign pushups once in a while, especially since our club is 50+ members and there is not always an adult handy to see everything that goes on. That is something you need to talk privately with your director about.

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:05 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Yeah I'm going to be a TLT this year. What are u like mainly supposed to do???? I'm really nervous about it! I have a large pathfinder club with lots of kids younger than me! What should i do? Help! S.o.S.

Voyager

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:07 am 
New Friend

i like the tlt program i just became one

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:14 am 
Skillful Ranger

Yeah there's a possibility that I might be inducted as a 1sy year TLT at Oshokosh but I'm not sure.

Voyager