Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Themed Campouts
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:28 am 
New Friend

Has anyone ever done a themed campout? I know we've all been to the big camporees that have a theme (Faith on Fire) ect. But what about just in your clubs, on a smaller scale??

I'm wondering because our club is about to do our first themed campout for our TLT's in November....
Our theme is "SURVIVOR: SINIA WILDERNESS". We are focusing on the story of Moses and the Children of Isreal and how God lead them out of Egypt. We are doing several skill events throughout the weekend that relate to the different things that happened to the Children of Isreal during this time. We are going to attempt to give our Teen Pathfinders a glimpse into "a day in the life" of the children of Isreal.

Audra
http://www.nwapathfinders.com

Deputy Director, Master Guide, Drill Instructor, TLT Coordinator

http://www.kodakgallery.com/bentonvillebeavers (password: beaver)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:14 pm 
Master Guide

Last year our conference's theme was "Year of the Word"

We incorporated this in our camping skills campout and winter campout.

I think it is a good idea to have a theme. Somthing the kids will remember and bring home with them when the event is over. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:17 am 
Helpful Explorer

We have done the Indian Lore twice.
Click here | Download Files

We are still planning the Pioneering weekend.
Click here.

Last edited by lonnyn on Tue May 11, 2010 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:49 pm 
New Friend

Our club has had a ton of fun with our themed campouts. We've used the theme "Survivor", from that reality show, because our campouts are focused on learning about the outdoors and the skills needed for many of the camping honors. The kids are divided into "teams" with colored bandannas with a modified Survivor logo that say, for example, from our last campout: Pathfinder Survivor: Outhelp - Outshine - Outsearch. They stay in these groups for the weekend and do clean up, chores, worships, meals and activities together to build teamwork. Each team gets a team banner as well. The "challenges" they do are team-building and practical for outdoors and wilderness. There's no voting off or immunity or negative competition. The kids actively cheer for other teams, and even the staff are divided into the three teams as advisors and guides. It's been really a blast having this theme over more than one campout, as the kids know what to expect and get into the spirit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:21 am 
Master Guide

Last year at my conference's Pathfinder fair the theme was "Santuary, It's all about Jesus"

The Mosaic (Wilderness) Sanctuary came alive with “Messiah’s Mansion” a life size replica of the Portable Israelite sanctuary. (http://www.messiahsmansion.com) Pitched in the middle of camp, it was a fitting 12 banners were made for the 12 tribes of Israel by some clubs.

In all it was a very successful themed weekend. I enjoyed it a lot, and learned a lot about Jesus and His ministry for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:23 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
Our conferenc always has themed camporees, but the them mostly sticks to the worship times.

Post subject: Re: Themed Campouts
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:37 pm 
I haven't had any themed campouts besides Conference or NPUC campouts. I didn't go to Oshkosh because I couldn't join Pathfinders then, but they have themes then.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:51 am 
Master Guide

Our Fair theme this year was 'Care for My Body'. Then we had tables for the clubs to display what they did during the year in the Community regarding the theme. One of the clubs, which happen to belong to my area, even went to a radio station to do a skit. They brought it and play it while the kids were looking at it. I selected three different people that were not related to any clubs or that didn't have table to be the judges to select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd regarding creativity and theme. And that club received 1st place. Next year the theme is 'Keep a Level Eye'

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:16 pm 
Astute Guide

That's a cool idea to have themes following the Pathfinder Law/Pledge. Did you start with "Keep the Morning Watch" last year?

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:02 am 
Master Guide

No, but I think we should. We decided to come with the theme to prepare for the Oshkosh theme. That's why next year is 'Keep a Level Eye', Oshkosh, 'Stand and Deliver' and then the 2010 Fair theme is 'Go in God Errands'. So, next year games will be a challenge to find games that goes with the theme. So, if you have any idea just let me know. :D