Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Club member records?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:28 pm 
New Friend

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any official list somewhere that kept record of the honors earned or levels reached of pathfinders in various clubs. I was a pathfinder in the SE Calif Conference, oh, 22 years or so ago. Now I have children of my own, and no local pathfinder club, so I am interested in getting one started when they are old enough (5 years or so from now). However, if I remember correctly, I was only up to Explorer, and never did finish my Ranger and so forth, so I would need to start working on that.

I'm curious if there is someplace that the pathfinder clubs send in reports, such as when there is an induction Sabbath, etc, with the names of who is being promoted, and if so, how long those records are kept, or am I going to have to start from scratch? I believe I have my patches somewhere, but finding them in the garage after all these years might prove difficult!

Happy Sabbath!

Kimberly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:43 pm 
Master Guide

I know that neither conference I have worked in as a Pathfinder leader have had any sort of record keeping like that. 22 years ago, computers weren't a very common thing either, so I'd be very surprised if records of that detail were kept anywhere other than at the club level. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:31 am 
Master Guide

The conferences are not notorious for keeping those records. The club does report to the conference and in theory a compilation of those reports even goes to NAD. The conferences rarely keep those reports or even get sticky about asking for them and in spite of nearly begging conference director are oft' too (well something) to even send the most raw statistics to the NAD.

You can call SECC's youth Department and find out if they have records from decades ago but do not be disappointed if they can not help you.

To be a Master Guide you do not have to complete each class but to wear the Master Guide insignia that bears all of the Class Chevrons you must complete them all so, yes if you want to do that you need to start where you left off.

Usually, for a staffer or Director this is accomplished by actively participating in a class you teach.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International