[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - TLT hang out!

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:07 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I went. I got a 113% merit point score. :mrgreen: I only missed one point the whole year. So I'm feeling pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:45 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:31 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:43 pm 
Master Guide

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:50 pm 
Master Guide

The problem with some pathfinders is that they don't want to participate in the regular activities. But, just when you think that they should be written off, you suddenly find them chomping at the bit to learn and behave. Isn't there a way to try and encourage them to participate in the day to day stuff more often?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:51 am 
Master Guide

Yes, pathfinders has a wide range of activities. Each kid will enjoy some parts more than others. I think after a while, as they mature, kids will stick through the "boring" parts or even find a way to make them "fun".

One of the most important things for the TLTs is to help the staff in ways of making sure each pathfinder enjoys what they are currently doing. Sometimes just something like a 10-15 minute game at the end of a classwork and honor night can make the difference. Have an on the spot drill down when there is a lull in activity. Having teachers that are well prepared and excited in their field of teaching is most important. They will get the kids excited about the subject even if it didn't seem interesting before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:32 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:45 am 
Astute Guide

That's a good idea, Emmy! Although I don't think our club has that problem...

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:11 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Our club doesn't have that problem either, but I can see how it could happen. Though it would NEVER happen to me - I love Pathfinders too much!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:51 pm 
Master Guide

I think that most of the pathfinders now know what pathfinders is really about. I haven't seen nearly as much in the way of children that are there as "fun seekers."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:40 am 
Master Guide

March 7 was wildernesfun's 18th birthday. When you get a chance, wish him a Happy Birthday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:17 am 
Astute Guide

Happy birthday, wildernessfun!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:38 am 
Helpful Explorer

Yeah, happy birthday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:51 pm 
Astute Guide

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:18 pm 
New Friend

I am in the first year of TLT. But I hope to becoome a masterguide one day. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:51 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:33 am 
Astute Guide

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:56 pm 
Master Guide

Welcome to the forum chibatofu!! Yes, work on your TLT and enjoy the program. Master guide will come in its time. Just keep up pathfinders, and as you grow older you will be helping out more and more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:00 am 
New Friend

I am a TLT, and this is my 1st year. It's been fun so far { I really enjoy the girls that I am helping out with :P } I have to admit that it is challenging at times because there is only 2 of us.... but it's good!
This forum is great! It's nice to know that there is more TLT's out there that can share experiances... :smt024

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:46 am 
Astute Guide

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:52 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:07 pm 
Astute Guide

I really appreciate the opportunities I've gotten as a result of being a TLT... plus it's nice to have a title to tell people (i.e. Hi! I'm Ann, Teen Leader in the New York Pathfinder Club).

I know this can sound cheesy and stuff, but I don't know where'd I'd be without Pathfinders. I've been in Adventurers or Pathfinders since I was 5 years old, and now being an older Pathfinder/TLT has given me worship planning opportunities (including giving a few "sermonettes" and planning fun Sabbath School activities for campouts), plus random responsibilities including teaching honors and preparing for those kinds of things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:23 pm 
Master Guide

Welcome missiongirl07! I have also passed through the TLT program already and now limit myself in posting in this area. But, I always feel that it is good to welcome new forum members, so I am making an exception. You will find that your fellow teens and TLTs can help you out quite a bit with anything you need. If you want to ask a staff member, go for it! I hope that you enjoy the forum.