Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fund Raising Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 pm 
New Friend

Hey everybody, I was wondernig how many of you have ideas on some profitable fund raisers. My club is somewhat interested in starting a drum chore, but the only problem is, we can't exactly aford the drums and cariers right now. We are looking for around $500 to get us started (Yes, I know that we will need more than $500 if we want more than one drum but that's all we want to start with). Thanks for your ideas.

Sqwid :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:28 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Hi. I have a few ideas, but instead of writing them all out here (as I'm sure everyone would appreciate), I can send you a PowerPoint I made. I taught the fundraising seminar @ the NAD YPAC Convention this past February, and I'll be more than happy to share my presentation with you. It's kind of long, but it has a lot of good ideas (at least I think so.) I just need your e-mail, and I can e-mail it to you.

Post subject: Fundraising Ideas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:12 am 
New Friend

Hi Iris,

Hey, if you don't mind, I'd love to see that PPT presentation as well.

As for ideas...

Sqwid, have you looked into recycling used printer cartridges? I was doing a search and came accross a ton of places online where you can send in used ink cartridges and they send you a check for them. Some places will pay anywhere from $1.50 to $4.00 per cartridge and all it costs you is the mailing (some sites even cover that cost). I can send you a list of places. Just post back here and let me know...

The catch is, they must have an electronic print head (those little metal looking thingies that make contact with your printer). The price they pay for each one depends on the brand and size. Their websites provide you a list of prices so you'll know exactly how much they'll pay for each one.

As a fundraiser, they suggest that you contact area businesses and request permission to put a container with a notice in their place where people who come in can drop off the cartridges. You collect them from the container every so often and send them in. Just let 'em know it's a fundraiser for your Club. You can put a container in your church too.

I used to turn mine in to Office Depot for free paper which I used for my Club, but they've phased out that program. I found myself holding on to my ink cartridges from home and work, not wanting to trash them and pollute the environment further. I'm planning to send mine in to one of these companies and raise some money for my local Club. It's a double duty idea, since you help your club and the environment in the process. :wink:

Hope this helps!

Yolanda, MG
Brandon Spanish, FL