Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yard Sale
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:27 am 
New Friend

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. For our club this is always the best fundraiser of the year. Our church is located fairly close to a major street so that helps a bunch.

Each year we ask for donations from church members. We put announcements in the bulletin and spread the word around. We usually end up with a pretty good inventory to start with. It is a fairly easy fundraiser to coordinate if you do most of your organizing and pricing beforehand.

After setting up there isn't much else for the kids to do except re-fold clothing because it only takes a few people to help customers. So we incorporate a car wash at the same time. Also, we have raised money in the past by renting booths to other local clubs. Our sister club, one of the local hispanic clubs, has set up a food booth in the past.

When the sale is over we donate all unsold items to ACS. They really appreciate the donations and it is a lot less hassle to have them bring by a large truck and take everything else away. It also helps get more donations if people know that unsold items will be donated for a good cause.

This year we are considering having two sales one at the end of the Pathfinder year (beginning of summer) and another at the beginning of the Pathfinder year (end of summer) since it is such a good fundraiser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:11 am 
New Friend

This year I will advertise the yard sale on craigslist as well. That should help boost attendance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:38 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Here's some tips that my club learned the hard way:

- Yard sales don't really work well in late fall

- Advertsing before hand is always recommended.

We made a total of $3 on that yard sale...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:42 pm 
Participating Companion

I dont think thats a good idea cause ummm thats like ripping people off lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:21 am 
New Friend

Our club does a yard sale too, and I think it's probably our best fundraiser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:09 am 
Master Guide

aadicker wrote:
Our church is located fairly close to a major street so that helps a bunch.

Yes, one of the most important aspects of a yard sale fundraiser is location. We have done very good when we have had a good location.

aadicker wrote:
So we incorporate a car wash at the same time. Also, we have raised money in the past by renting booths to other local clubs. Our sister club, one of the local hispanic clubs, has set up a food booth in the past.

That is a good idea to have more than just a yard sale. I’ll have to try that next time my club does a yard sale.

aadicker wrote:
Each year we ask for donations from church members. We put announcements in the bulletin and spread the word around.

This is important, we have done this and received tons of good yard sale stuff. Making ours a better yard sale that other ones that happen in the community. This makes the yard sale get popular; quite a few people get out usually to ours.