Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fundraising
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:37 am 
Participating Companion

I don't know how many are aware of it, but AVON products has a fundraising set up. Every one has done the Candle thing, or the car washing thing. As a change from the ordinary try getting a hold of an AVON Lady. My wife is with AVON and has done a Fundraiser and it was a lot of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:18 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Most perspn to person sales people, Avon, tupperware, Partylite, Home Interiors, etc, have fundraisers. They are often great items, however I found that the profit is usually between 20-25%. That isn't a high enough profit margin for me. Now if your consultant is willing to donate their profit in a match program your profit is now 40-50% which is alot better. Alot wont do that though.

I have a fundraising philosophy. The idea is to raise as much money as possible, while providing a good product. It is not to offer a good product at the best price, cause then there would be no profit. I like fundraisers with a profit margin of 50% or better.

Chelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:06 am 
Participating Companion

I know that the profit margin is usually low with Avon, and the like; but you have to find someone who will work with you. Like my wife will work with the groups that come to her that she is really interested in helping get the most for their efforts. For her, it is a win-win situation, because even if she donates her profits, she usually gets new customers that will continue purchasing Avon products from her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:17 pm 
Superlative Voyager

I agree....I'm into Avon also. The fundraisers sound like lots of fun - maybe I can bring it up to the club next staff meeting...

It really could help our club since I have lots of items here that are in the fundraising flyer that I could donate since noone seems to want them from my normal customer line. God blesses things - even if from our view it seems not worth the effort...

Marcie