Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:40 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Reading - Week 30, Faith – Psalm 31:21-24
Be confident - Psalm 31:21-24

31:21 The Lord deserves praise for he demonstrated his amazing faithfulness to me when I was besieged by enemies.
31:22 I jumped to conclusions and said,“I am cut off from your presence!” But you heard my plea for mercy when I cried out to you for help.
31:23 Love the Lord, all you faithful followers of his! The Lord protects those who have integrity, but he pays back in full the one who acts arrogantly.
31:24 Be strong and confident, all you who wait on the Lord!

Who deserves praise?
What do you think is the difference between confidence and arrogance?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:55 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Reading - Week 30, Faith - Heb 3:17-19
Forty Years - Heb 3:17-19

3:17 And against whom was God provoked for forty years? Was it not those who sinned, whose dead bodies fell in the wilderness? 3:18 And to whom did he swear they would never enter into his rest, except those who were disobedient? 3:19 So we see that they could not enter because of unbelief.

Which group of people was God provoked at for forty years?
What exactly was denied these people? (You may need to read Exodus 14:23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:39 am 
Skillful Ranger

Reading - Week 31, Praise – Psalm 108:1-6
A Song - Psalm 108:1-6

A song, a psalm of David.

108:1 I am determined, O God!
I will sing and praise you with my whole heart.

108:2 Awake, O stringed instrument and harp!
I will wake up at dawn!

108:3 I will give you thanks before the nations, O Lord!
I will sing praises to you before foreigners!

108:4 For your loyal love extends beyond the sky,
and your faithfulness reaches the clouds.

108:5 Rise up above the sky, O God!
May your splendor cover the whole earth!

108:6 Deliver by your power and answer me,
so that the ones you love may be safe.

How did David sing and praise?
How big does David say God’s love is?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:47 am 
Skillful Ranger

Reading - Week 31, Praise – Psalm 27:1-4
David is Confident - Psalm 27:1-4

27:1 The Lord delivers and vindicates me! I fear no one! The Lord protects my life! I am afraid of no one!

27:2 When evil men attack me to devour my flesh, when my adversaries and enemies attack me, they stumble and fall.

27:3 Even when an army is deployed against me, I do not fear. Even when war is imminent, I remain confident.

27:4 I have asked the Lord for one thing – this is what I desire! I want to live in the Lord’s house all the days of my life, so I can gaze at the splendor of the Lord and contemplate in his temple.

Why is David so confident?
What can you learn from David here to apply in your own life?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:59 am 
Skillful Ranger

Reading - Week 31, Praise – Psalm 56:1-7
A Prayer of David - Psalm 56:1-7

For the music director; according to the yonath-elem-rechovim style; a prayer of David, written when the Philistines captured him in Gath.

56:1 Have mercy on me, O God, for men are attacking me!
All day long hostile enemies are tormenting me.

56:2 Those who anticipate my defeat attack me all day long.
Indeed, many are fighting against me, O Exalted One.

56:3 When I am afraid, I trust in you.

56:4 In God – I boast in his promise –in God I trust, I am not afraid.
What can mere men do to me?

56:5 All day long they cause me trouble; they make a habit of plotting my demise.

56:6 They stalk and lurk; they watch my every step, as they prepare to take my life.

56:7 Because they are bent on violence, do not let them escape!
In your anger bring down the nations, O God!

Why do you think David is not afraid of anything mere men could do to him?
What does this teach you about your fears?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:07 am 
Skillful Ranger

Reading - Week 31, Praise – Psalm 56:8-13
A Prayer of David part 2- Psalm 56:8-13

56:8 You keep track of my misery. Put my tears in your leather container!
Are they not recorded in your scroll?

56:9 My enemies will turn back when I cry out to you for help;
I know that God is on my side.

56:10 In God – I boast in his promise – in the Lord – I boast in his promise –

56:11 in God I trust, I am not afraid. What can mere men do to me?

56:12 I am obligated to fulfill the vows I made to you, O God;
I will give you the thank-offerings you deserve,

56:13 when you deliver my life from death.
You keep my feet from stumbling, so that I might serve God as I enjoy life.

Why do you think David repeats the question “What can mere men do to me?”
For what purpose did David believe God would keep him safe?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:02 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Reading – Week 31, Praise – 1 Peter 5:6-11
Roaring Lion – 1 Peter 5:6-11

5:6 And God will exalt you in due time, if you humble yourselves under his mighty hand 5:7 by casting all your cares on him because he cares for you. 5:8 Be sober and alert. Your enemy the devil, like a roaring lion, is on the prowl looking for someone to devour. 5:9 Resist him, strong in your faith, because you know that your brothers and sisters throughout the world are enduring the same kinds of suffering. 5:10 And, after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory in Christ will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 5:11 To him belongs the power forever. Amen.

According to this text how can you resist the devil?
What is the promise found in this text?

Last edited by Gerald G on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:10 pm 
Skillful Ranger

By the way, I think I can now comment on partial results of this method. My Guide class is reading the Blog entries, and replying to the questions. I am pleased with the progress they are making using this plan.

I feel optimistic that throughout the remainder of the Pathfinder year, I will continue to see completed readings and thoughtful answers.

I am using http://kidblog.org to host the blog.

"Kidblog.org is designed for elementary and middle school teachers who want to provide each student with an individual blog."

"Kidblog's simple, yet powerful tools allow students to publish posts and participate in discussions within a secure classroom blogging community. Teachers maintain complete control over student blogs."

I've also created accounts for the parents, and have their support on the project before I started. They feel comfortable knowing they can login and follow along.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:59 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Reading - Week 5, Praise – Isaiah 63
Divine Warrior - Isaiah 63

The Victorious Divine Warrior

63:1 Who is this who comes from Edom, dressed in bright red, coming from Bozrah? Who is this one wearing royal attire, who marches confidently because of his great strength? “It is I, the one who announces vindication, and who is able to deliver!”

63:2 Why are your clothes red? Why do you look like someone who has stomped on grapes in a vat?

63:3 “I have stomped grapes in the winepress all by myself; no one from the nations joined me.
I stomped on them in my anger; I trampled them down in my rage. Their juice splashed on my garments, and stained all my clothes.

63:4 For I looked forward to the day of vengeance, and then payback time arrived.

63:5 I looked, but there was no one to help; I was shocked because there was no one offering support.
So my right arm accomplished deliverance; my raging anger drove me on.

63:6 I trampled nations in my anger, I made them drunk in my rage, I splashed their blood on the ground.”

A Prayer for Divine Intervention

63:7 I will tell of the faithful acts of the Lord, of the Lord’s praiseworthy deeds.

I will tell about all the Lord did for us, the many good things he did for the family of Israel, because of his compassion and great faithfulness.

63:8 He said, “Certainly they will be my people, children who are not disloyal.” He became their deliverer.

63:9 Through all that they suffered, he suffered too. The messenger sent from his very presence delivered them. In his love and mercy he protected them; he lifted them up and carried them throughout ancient times.

63:10 But they rebelled and offended his holy Spirit, so he turned into an enemy and fought against them.

63:11 His people remembered the ancient times. Where is the one who brought them up out of the sea, along with the shepherd of his flock? Where is the one who placed his holy Spirit among them,

63:12 the one who made his majestic power available to Moses, who divided the water before them, gaining for himself a lasting reputation,

63:13 who led them through the deep water? Like a horse running on flat land they did not stumble.

63:14 Like an animal that goes down into a valley to graze, so the Spirit of the Lord granted them rest. In this way you guided your people, gaining for yourself an honored reputation.

63:15 Look down from heaven and take notice, from your holy, majestic palace! Where are your zeal and power? Do not hold back your tender compassion!

63:16 For you are our father, though Abraham does not know us and Israel does not recognize us.
You, Lord, are our father; you have been called our protector from ancient times.

63:17 Why, Lord, do you make us stray from your ways, and make our minds stubborn so that we do not obey you? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes of your inheritance!

63:18 For a short time your special nation possessed a land, but then our adversaries knocked down your holy sanctuary.

63:19 We existed from ancient times, but you did not rule over them, they were not your subjects.

Who is dressed in red?
Why did God turn into an enemy and fight Israel?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:22 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Reading - Week 31, Praise – Isa 26:3-7
Praise to God - Isa 26:3-7

26:3 You keep completely safe the people who maintain their faith, for they trust in you.
26:4 Trust in the Lord from this time forward, even in Yah, the Lord, an enduring protector!
26:5 Indeed, the Lord knocks down those who live in a high place, he brings down an elevated town; he brings it down to the ground, he throws it down to the dust.
26:6 It is trampled underfoot by the feet of the oppressed, by the soles of the poor.” God’s People Anticipate Vindication
26:7 The way of the righteous is level, the path of the righteous that you make is straight.

In what ways is God praiseworthy in this text?
What reasons in your life are there for praising God?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:04 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Wish I'd seen this sooner! Some really useful stuff in here :)

Central NH Flames