Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:12 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
There is an android app. It's called GC Youth Ministries.

However, it hasn't been updated anymore than the apple app.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:12 pm 
New Friend

Quote:
There is an android app. It's called GC Youth Ministries.

However, it hasn't been updated anymore than the apple app.

So would there be any issues if I pursued this project and created one and kept it updated?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:24 pm 
Participating Companion

I think as long as you state somewhere that your app is not the official app from the church or conference, you should be able to create it. Maybe you can put a link to the official GC or NAD webpage in the app.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:37 pm 
Master Guide

Ixoekea- I don't see why you couldn't create an app & kept it up to date. As long as you were up front about it not being endorsed or maintained by the official church & Pathfinder organizations. You might need permission from those organizations to post their content on your app.

I recently came across a different Pathfinder app for Apple devices. It is called "PathfinderPAL". It contains the Pathfinder Pledge, Law, Aim, Motto, and Song (text only). Within the app, you can open the Investiture Achievement site ([url]investitureachievement.com[/url]), which contains IA PDFs. It even has a link to Pathfinders Online page for honors.*

*The honors link currently comes up with an error, but allows you to select a link for the home page of Pathfindersonline.org home page. You can then select the "Wiki-Honors Helps" link from the left side of the page and navigate to the appropriate honor that you need.

All of this can be done from within the app. You never have to switch apps to find anything!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:29 pm 
New Friend

I'm glad that you found the PathfinderPal App fro iPhone. My husband is a computer programmer and he is the one that put it together. After looking at the app, does anyone have any suggestions to make it more useable??? Just message me if you do and I'll pass the word along. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:11 am 
New Friend

I am not a coder, but it there is anyone who is and just needs someone to grind at entering info in a database or spreadsheet, I'd be happy to help!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:16 am 
New Friend

PatchTrail wrote:
I'm glad that you found the PathfinderPal App fro iPhone. My husband is a computer programmer and he is the one that put it together. After looking at the app, does anyone have any suggestions to make it more useable??? Just message me if you do and I'll pass the word along. :)

Tiffany - I found PathfinderPal and it is a great start.

What I would love to see is an extension that allows us to 'gamify' the Pathfinder adventure. Each section of the IA work earns you a badge and when you've collected them all, you 'pass' to the next level.

There are also things that could be added to aid the pathfinders along the way: online flash cards for memory work, books of the bible, honors work... I've made a bunch of these as printables, but need to find a good online program to use.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:06 am 
Master Guide

PatchTrail wrote:

Thank your husband for fixing the honors link. I'd love to see the honors tab go directly to the wiki page. Even better would be some form of offline version that has just the requirements for honors, with a link at the bottom of the page for the corresponding AY honor's wiki page.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:51 pm 
New Friend

Hi All,

I have been working on an application over this past winter for Pathfinders to be used off of the internet. I am still working on honors, but I do have the Pledge and Law, uniform, Song with mp3 and cords. I am hoping to put in the classwork. Here are a few pictures.

https://ibb.co/fmPPLo

https://ibb.co/dDbh6T

https://ibb.co/gsFs6T

I am currently half way through on the honors. It is quite a bit of time to put it together. This will work on all Android products and on windows when downloading Bluestacks.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:16 pm 
Master Guide

Is there any chance of getting an Apple version as well? I use windows, and have an old android phone I don’t use any more, but I only have an Apple for a phone right now.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:05 pm 
New Friend

I will have to look and see if i can make it into one. I have not crossed that bridge yet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:49 pm 
New Friend

Hi everyone, been working on the application for awhile. I finally have it uploaded on Google Play Store. It is in Beta phase. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... athfinders

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:08 pm 
Master Guide

Ixoekea

This Android App has so much potential! Way to go! I know you haven't completed everything yet, but I'm highly impressed. I only wish I had the talent that you and several others have for App development!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:20 pm 
New Friend

veteranpathfinder wrote:
Ixoekea

This Android App has so much potential! Way to go! I know you haven't completed everything yet, but I'm highly impressed. I only wish I had the talent that you and several others have for App development!

Thanks, it's a work in progress. Your right, it does have a lot of potential. I haven't put many updates in it recently. I'm trying to get Induction and Remembrance Day Ceremonies planned for this weekend, on top of working on my master guide, work, you know life in general! :)

But Thank-you so much for looking at the application and putting your review in :)