Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:10 pm 
Participating Companion

The Investiture Achievement requirements, in the Personal Growth section, have each of the achievement levels candidates reading a book of the Bible in addition to the Junior and Senior Bible Reading program. This is a great addition, but it asks of the youth to read and journal "utilizing printed or electronic study guide/resources." We have been looking this summer for good age-appropriate resources for each of these books of the Bible, but have not been quite as successful as hoped. Does anyone have good recommendations for age-appropriate printed or electronic study guides/resources for this?

Friend (Fifth Grade, ~10 Years Old): Read Matthew
Companion (Sixth Grade, ~11 Years Old): Read Genesis
Explorer (Seventh Grade, ~12 Years Old): Read Acts
Ranger (Eighth Grade, ~13 Years Old): Read John
Voyager (Ninth Grade, ~14 Years Old): Read Romans
Guide (Tenth Grade, ~15 Years Old): Read Revelation

Thank you,

-Rodger Baker
Director, SAIL Pathfinders
(South Austin Inner Lights)
Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:38 pm 
Master Guide

I really like the "My Bible First" series of Sabbath School weeklies. These are more like the pre GraceLink SS material we used to get, covering Genesis through Revelation over a three year period. I do not recall how many weeks they spend on Genesis, but Genesis has a lot of material in it, so it could be about three months or so. Genesis will be covered with much greater depth than Romans too, so your Friends my complain about the Voyagers (if you tell them). Also, it might be difficult to separate Matthew and John - the Gospels are covered together chronologically.

https://mybiblefirst.org/index.php?modu ... =age&id2=4

Even though these are geared for age 10 and up, I would not hesitate to use them for an adult Bible study.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:17 pm 
New Friend

I LOVE the My Bible First program. I have learned more about the bible from that series than I thought possible.

There is also a video series of the bible that is really great called: The Visual Bible. They have it for Matthew, John and Acts. It is the exact words of the bible being acted out. You can get it from ABC store or most christian book stores. Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 pm 
Master Guide

Yes, The Visual Bible is very well done, and I think that would be a great choice for those three books.

As for Revelation, Doug Batchelor's "Final Events" DVD is pretty good. That is available from Amazing Facts (as are several other DVD's on Revelation).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:35 pm 
New Friend

Hello all . I am new to this forum and happy to have a group of people where to go for help. I am concern about the personal growth section of the personal Achivement . I am concern that the verses given for reading are not the most relevant to the topic. For example in the friends requirement on Identity, how does Song of Solomon 7 show me about my Identity. I am not oppose to any child reading the Song of Solomon just that I think is not the right theme for the weekly reading.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:29 am 
Participating Companion

Hi, Nitza, and welcome to the forum! Most of the Bible verses included in the weekly devotionals do in fact deal with the topic of the week and the Pathfinder is tasked with extracting its significance and relating to it. Some verses are harder to relate to than others.

That said, I can see how Song of Solomon 7 might be difficult to understand how it relates to Identity. Basically, the lovers are describing each others bodies in a romantic way. I believe that the original authors of the devotional guide included this verse here so that the Pathfinders could feel good about their bodies as well. They can read the chapter and have the sense that God is telling them that He created them perfect in every way.

That would be my take on it. There might be another interpretation, but this is the one that I understood. I hope it helps!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:45 pm 
New Friend

Thank you so much for the response. I understand.