Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:58 am 
Skillful Ranger

In the new Ranger IA, there is a requirement read/listen to "Steps to Jesus".

Can someone tell me what this is? Where to source?

Thanks.
Gerald

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:25 pm 
Astute Guide

Steps to Jesus (copyright 1981) is an adaptation/condensation of the classic Steps to Christ by Ellen White. This is what the preface in Steps to Jesus says:
Quote:
In order that [Steps to Christ's] helpful message may reach a wider audience, particularly the youth, the present adapted edition, bearing the title Steps to Jesus, has been prepared. While the author's thoughts have been retained, hard-to-understand phrases have been restated in everyday language, the vocabulary has been simplified, and long sentences have been shortened. These changes have been made according to carefully established guidelines. With only a few exceptions, Scripture passages from Today's English Version have been substituted for the King James Version of the Bible.

Here is an excerpt from the first chapter of each for comparison:

Steps to Jesus wrote:
Chapter 1: God's Love for Man

Nature and the Bible both show us God's love. Our Father in heaven gives us life, learning, and joy. Look at the wonderful and beautiful things of nature. Think of the many ways they provide for our needs and for the happiness of all living creatures.

The sunshine and rain tell of our Creator's love. The hills, seas, and plains speak of Him. He supplies the daily needs of every creature. In the beautiful Psalms David wrote of God...

Steps to Christ wrote:
Chapter 1: God's Love for Man

Nature and revelation alike testify of God's love. Our Father in heaven is the source of life, of wisdom, and of joy. Look at the wonderful an beautiful things of nature. think of their marvelous adaptation to the needs and happiness, not only of man, but of all living creatures. the sunshine and the rain, that gladden and refresh the earth, the hills and seas and plains, all speak to us of the Creator's love. It is God who supplies the daily needs of all His creatures. In the beautiful words of the psalmist...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:40 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Thanks. If I'd had to guess that's what I would have thought maybe. Advent source or ABC?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:07 pm 
New Friend

Gerald G wrote:
Thanks. If I'd had to guess that's what I would have thought maybe. Advent source or ABC?

Either, or just read it online. http://stepstojesus.org/