Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:31 pm 
New Friend

There are a lot of resources available to those teaching this class. I want to introduce one more. I've compiled PowerPoint presentations for the honors covered in the Explorer classwork. The PowerPoint presentations include YouTube videos that answer the various questions along with the information found on the wikkipedia Pathfinder Honor site. You can find the PowerPoint presentations on my website: https://activityarray.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/pathfinder-explorer-honors/
I hope they help someone. The kids enjoy watching the videos. And I find it helpful to have them, especially when the area to be addressed is not an area within my expertise.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:30 pm 
Master Guide

The NAD adopted the wiki a few years ago and is now hosting it at http://wiki.pathfindersonline.org - part of the reason we went that way was so that we could add material for the Friend/Companion/Explorer/etc classes. That material is more religious in nature, and so would be difficult to defend against the policies at Wikibooks.

This leads to two suggestions:

1) Use the NAD site instead of the Wikibooks site, because new honors and features have been added at the NAD site, and the Wikibooks material has essentially been abandoned. Since the wiki is hosted by the NAD now, we are able to show the honor patches, and install various extensions to the software to make it more useful for our material (that required community consensus at Wikibooks, and they were usually quite resistant to such proposals).

2) You should upload your powerpoints to the NAD site linked above and start adding material to the wiki there so that it can get a wider audience. Don't worry about whether or not you know wiki syntax - just add the material, and we will gladly fix up the formatting for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:33 pm 
Master Guide

Oh! one more thing! The NAD wiki will let us embed youtube videos in our pages. Just add a link to the wiki, and we can take care of the embedding syntax (or look at the swimming honors to see how it has been done, and try it yourself).

Embedding youtube videos is one of the extensions we were able to install on our own site vs at Wikibooks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:46 pm 
New Friend

Thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out and include it