Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Taiwan Trip 2007-2008
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:52 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Hello, again, to everyone!

I have a few questions about the Taiwan Community Service/Mission Trip in 2007-8. I'm really interested in it, from the little that I have heard, but does anyone know where else I can find some information. Such as, how much is it going to cost, what exactly will we be participating in, etc. I'm really excited and want to start making plans to go, but my plans can only go so far, until I have more information.

Thanks for the help, in advance, and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and holiday season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:54 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
I haven't heard anything about that trip. Sorry. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:32 am 
Master Guide

I am sorry that I have not put up information on this any sooner. There are a few forums I post news at and too much news comes for too many places. Bad excuse, I know - well here it is:

Regristration is $150USD if done by October 2, 2007 then it jumps to $200USD.

This is a world wide event coordinated by GCYM and there is an application to be filled out. You can visit the youth.gc page for details, and in theory your local conference (that would actually be you Iris) should have the details already.

The direct link to the Application with details about the event is: http://youth.gc.adventist.org/impact-taiwan.pdf

Registration does not include travel expenses or preparation expenses for international travel. Registration is non-refundable and the true dead line for registration is November 2, 2007. The event runs December 24-Jan 5 of '08.

I am not sure that I have gotten news from NADYM on this yet - they should be sending out some lodging information and group travel rate helps. Look for them next month and then start emailing your youth directors since fundraising needs to be done.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:18 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Thank you, Fish, for the reply. I did actually already have that information, but it mentions that the projects will cost additional money. I'm wondering how much that money will be and if they have any of the helpful prices for the hotel and possibly transportation. I have already and am currently trying to encourage some of the directors to start considering this a mission project for their kids. It's going to be a little tough for the clubs, however, being that the Southern Union Camporee is next year in september 2007.

Thank you again for the information, and I'll be more than happy to receive anymore information you may have, when you receive it.

Merry Christmas!