Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mission Trip Reports
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:59 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
This string is for those who have gone on a mission trip and now have a story to tell.

And, without further adeu...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:02 pm 
Master Guide

:) Yes, I"m excited to hear what other pathfinders have done for mission trips :!:

Soon I'll be posting about my conferences (UCC) Pathfinder Teen Mission Adventure in the Mission trips thred.

In the mean time anyone else have an experiences to share?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:23 am 
Master Guide

I'll start this off. I have been to Cuba to do an evagalistic series, Costa Rica to build a new school room (and a few other minor things), and been on several trips to Waveland, Mississippi.

Anyone else? Tell us about these experiences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:25 pm 
Helpful Explorer

My club went to Mississippi this year to help with hurricane relief. You wouldn't believe all the things we found on the beach Sabbath. We even found a TV!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:41 am 
New Friend

I went on the Pathfinder Teen Mission Impact trip that goes to Dominican Republic.( MI conf.) Let me tell you, you CANNOT go on a mission trip and not be changed. I am going again this year, and we leave Christmas morning. I think my best memory from last year was to see all the kids smiles when we gave them little stuffed animals. They were soo happy.

I am a companionof all who fear You, And of those who keep your precepts. Psalm 119:63

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:44 am 
New Friend

Yeah if you are going just for the social aspect you wont be as likely to have the same blessing and a closer walk with God then if you are going to be of service the those you meet. I know alot of kids go just cuase their friends are going or whatever. But I think that no matter what reason you go for, you WILL be changed. Now that I have gone on a mission trip, I have decided after much prayer that I want to be a medical missionary.

I am a companionof all who fear You, And of those who keep your precepts. Psalm 119:63

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:04 pm 
Master Guide

That is great! I am trying to go on some more mission trips soon. I think that I enjoy the short term trips better because that way I don't get so comfortable as to ruin the spiritual high that I get each time I go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:12 pm 
Master Guide

Any new mission trip reports or discussional words? I have been tied down with college and haven't been able to go anywhere recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:51 pm 
New Friend

A bunch of people(teens and adults) from our conference went to Ecuador over spring break. We built a church for the people of Juncal. It was the most incredible experience of my entire life! My entire walk with Christ has been changed for the better! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:25 pm 
Master Guide

veteranpathfinder wrote:
I have been tied down with college and haven't been able to go anywhere recently.

I know thats exactly how I feel! I hope next summer I will be able to go on a mission trip. I will be attending my pathfinder conference's spring break local mission trip again though. So that will be exciting!

esilael wrote:
My entire walk with Christ has been changed for the better! :D

Yes, thats one of my favorite things about mission trips! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:41 am 
Master Guide

We took a group of Pathfinders and their family to a mission trip to Puerto Rico, due to it was juniors age we wanted to try Puerto Rico since you don't need passport. They help build a basketball/volleyball field at the West Conference Camp. They really love it and their comments was that did love to work making the cement to fill the cement blocks. Also, we adopted a group of boys from an Orphan home. They, the Pathfinders, bought gifts and clothes for each one. The day of the visit, Xmas day, we spent the day with them and some went for a basketball game, which the Pathfinders lost. Now, all the time when they see me, they ask me when is the next one. I talked to Mike, OH Youth Director, and he said to plan one for XMAS '10. First he said '09, but I told him that we the Camporee, it was going to be impossible for the kids to save for both things.

Post subject: Re: Mission Trip Reports
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:53 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I've been on 1 mission trip so far. It wasn't out of the country but it sure seemed like it. A group of 18 youth from all around the Dakotas, Minnesota, & Iowa traveled down to Chinle Arizona to a Navajo Reservation, March 13th of this year. We were there for approx. 10 days & while there held an evangelistic series & a VBS for the children of Chinle. I wasn't apart of the evangelistic series, but I was a crew leader for the VBS during the 4 nights that we had it. The first night we had 83 kids show up ranging from the ages of 4-13! The 2nd night was even more fantastic as we had 118 young people show up!! Praise the Lord! It was such a blessing & so amazing to see how the Lord worked in these kids' lives in just the short amount of time we spent there. I had a really hard time leaving these precious children that we'd had the privilege to meet & know. It saddened me to know that some of those children would be going back to home conditions that were less than favorable. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes, but I know that we made or should I say Jesus made an impact on their lives, & I trust that someday we'll see those kids in heaven!

Anyone who has not been on a mission trip, I would highly recommend going on one! The one I went on was such a blessing & it touched my life in a way like no other.

Post subject: Re: Mission Trip Reports
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:56 am 
Master Guide

One of the kids that went to Puerto Rico will graduate next year and asked to do a mission trip to PR as a senior class mission trip. She called me help her make the necessary arrangement. I, of course, told her that I would do that. So, when I called the Youth Director, found out that now he works for the Union, but was more than happy to make arrangement with the new Youth Director. He only told me to wait a while since is Summer and they are busy with Summer Camps.