Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:11 pm 
New Friend

For those of you who know Nick Maniscalco or even for those of you who don't, your prayers are needed now.
Nick was driving on his way home from Walla Walla, WA this morning when he was involved in a serious car accident. He has a serious brain injury and is not expected to live. He can't breathe on his own, nor is his brain respnding. At Saint Maries Hospital they rushed him into Emergency Surgery not to long ago. His family Guy & Debby Maniscalco along with his brother Matt, sister Melina, and cousin Jo + numerous others I am sure including his grandparents are driving down to Walla Walla at this moment to be with him, and the roads are extremely dangerous. So your prayers are wanted VERY much for God to pull a miracle through for Nick, or if it isn't God's will then please help Nick to be ready. Pray for the family's safety and for the church and the youth right now including me who are deeply hurt over this.

Thank you and PLEASE PRAY HARD!

Tiana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:37 pm 
Participating Companion

I will pray for him and his family, and if it is alright, I will tell others I know to pray as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:03 pm 
Master Guide

Yes, I have been praying. I personally also know Nick and his family. We appreciate all the prayers, keep lifting him and his family up to God. We know God will it all out somehow out to His good. Its looking really serious right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:11 pm 
New Friend

Apsolutly tell others! Every prayer is needed! Thank you very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:42 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I'll be praying!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:18 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
I will be praying as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:41 pm 
Master Guide

In my prayers too!

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:04 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I will be praying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:19 am 
Master Guide

I will be praying for him and for his family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 am 
Astute Guide

I will definitely pray! please keep us updated

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:41 pm 
Master Guide

Thank you everyone for your prayers. From what I've heard, Nick went though 4 hours of emergency surgery. So far since then he as been on life support. There are some good signs though, such as responding to stimulus, and I heard this evening from a friend that he is starting to breath partially on his own. This are still very critical though, please keep uplifting him in your prayers. Keep his family in your prayers also though this hard time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:57 pm 
New Friend

I am sorry that I have not been able to update you all. It has been a very long week. But here is the latest update on Nick from Friday {Feb 8}. There is too much to fill in on, but if you have any questions on how he is doing or anything then just post a reply and I will reply based on your question. So here it is, from Guy and Debby Maniscalco {Nick's parents}

P.S. Nick has a website now... http://nicksmile.com There you can see photos. updates. and you can donate to help with his hospital costs which will be in the end very very big. Thank you so much for all of you who are praying! Especially those who don't even know Nick! That is so awesome that you would do that for a complete stranger!

Hello to all,
Nick looks different today. His ventric tube was removed today. That is the tube that kept track of the cranial pressure. Nicks pressure was stable enough to pull it out and reduce the risk of an infection to the brain. They also removed the staples and sutures on his head. His hair has grown out to the fuzzy stage, but it does not cover the long cut in his scalp. I believe that will be there from now on. Nick is fighting an infection now. He has a touch of pneumonia in his left lung and is being given three different antibiotics to help fight it. His temperature is up to 102 and they have Nick on the cooling blanket and have added ice packs again. They give him Tylenol, but I'm not sure how effective it works for Nick. We are praying that the they can get a handle on the temperature soon.
Nick has been coughing from time to time and they are suctioning out some liquids. They say that's good that he can help cough up some of the stuff (scientific term?) from his lungs to aid in clearing them. Nick looks like he wakes up on occasion, but I don't know that he can focus on anything yet. He still pulls both of his arms across his belly like he has a stomach ache. He gets very tense and is very strong when he pulls his arms up. It could be he is just trying to stay in shape?
We are waiting anxiously for Nick to wake up. The swelling of the brain should be receding and we are hoping that his body will take over more function.
Debby just came back from seeing Nick and his temperature is up to 102.6. We are very worried about how fast it has gone up. Three nurses are currently working on Nick to try to bring it down. They can hear fluid on both of his lungs now, not a good sign.
Once again, we ask for your prayers for Nick as he is still in the thick of the battle. We are going to have prayer for him here at the hospital with the group that is here.
God bless you all, Guy and Debby

Post subject: prayer requests
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:53 pm 
New Friend

Praying for the young man and that everything will go according to God's will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:32 am 
Master Guide

Thanks for the update. Good to see how God is answering our prayers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:24 pm 
Master Guide

Nick was taken off the respirator and is breathing on his own now, I was told. You can visit the website above for updates from his parents. God has worked miracles, but please keep praying Nick has a long road in front of him. There is talk of transferring him to a hospital closer to his parents home. Pray for the doctors to have wisdom, and for continued comfort to rest on his family. The prayers mean so much to his family, and friends. Thank you...:)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:30 pm 
Helpful Explorer

:cry: I'm praying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:53 pm 
New Friend

Here is the newest update, I am so sorry that I don't update more often...I get a update every day and have seen him a couple times but LIFE NEVER SLOWS DOWN! lol
Anyways, here it is.

Sunday March, 2

Hello to our family and extended family,
Nick is now enjoying getting outdoors. He spent almost two hours today in a wheel chair. We rolled him all around the building inside, then took him outside for some fresh air. We wheeled him around the outside of the building twice. He had his eyes open wide for most of the ride. He seemed to enjoy the ride. After we put him back into his bed, he went right to sleep for a good nap.
He is still getting a bit of a fever each day. They are giving him Tylenol to help him. Right now his temperature is 99.7. Not near as bad as it used to spike. We are hoping Nick's brain is now able to regulate his temperature.
Nick is moving his head around quite a bit now. He slowly turns it from one side to the other and also lifts it off the pillow. He has good strength in his hands. When our hand is in his hand, he grasps very well. When we try to remove our hand from his, he seems to tighten his grip.
We are definitely ready for God to wake Nick up. We are frequently asked when Nick will wake up. There is no answer to that. Nick is in the hands of God and it is all God's timing. We see very small new things almost daily. We are told by people that have seen Nick a few weeks ago that they see a definite change in him. Sometimes being so close to him it is difficult to see the changes. Enough people have been by to see Nick that I wonder if I need to continue the updates, but I realize some of you are too far away to see Nick.
We are thankful that God is sustaining Nick. We are praying that Nick will be well enough to wake up soon. We are also thankful that we have all of you who are concerned and praying for Nick. May God bless you as He has blessed us.
Thank you all!!!! Guy and Debby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:58 am 
New Friend

Here is the latest update...Unfortunately I stink when it comes to updating people every single day on 3 different websites :oops: , but if you would like to go to http://www.nicksmile.com
you can view every update there ever was {to my knowledge}. For now, this will be my last update in other words, I WILL NO LONGER BE GIVING UPDATES.

Keep up the prayers, although Nick is slowly healing, now it is getting more difficult as he has to be moved and taken home in the next month...so Keep the WHOLE family in your prayers {and may God be with the family who has lost their Father/Husband and *im assuming by now* their Daughter} :cry:

Greetings to you all,
Once again, Nick's progress is very slow. There is not really anything new to report. Tonight we had several people here in the hospital train with one of the physical therapists. She gave us about an hour and a half training session on how to range and stretch Nick. Also, how to transfer him to and from the wheelchair safely. It was great to have the training from a skilled PT.
Nick is to be transfered out of this hospital on Monday morning. It looks like he is going to be moved to Ivy Court Rest Home in Coeur d' Alene. It is a rest home with a reputation for good therapy. We will need to spend time with him there to help move him from side to side and watch over him. We are working towards bringing Nick home in a month. Hopefully, when he has healed more, we may be able to get him into St. Luke's Rehab hospital in Spokane for intensive physical therapy. He is not yet ready for that.
Nick seems to be a touch more responsive in little ways. He can hear us talking and asking him to do things. He is tracking sounds a bit better and his eyes are tracking a little better as well. It is improving so slowly that it is difficult to report anything new.
God is working His miracle in Nick. We are trying our best to be patient and watch it all unfold. Someday Nick will be able to share his incredible testimony with you. God has been good to us. Thank you for continuing to pray for Nick. We believe that your prayers help sustain Nick.
Thank you all and God bless you, Guy and Debby

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 pm 
I will pray for him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:43 am 
Helpful Explorer

It's great to see how he's healing! He's come a long way. I'm praying for him every day.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:36 pm 
Master Guide

Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying for Nick.

Last weekend at Upper Columbia Conference's Pathfinder fair, Nick's dad and sister shared Nick's miracles and how God has answered our prayers. They shared the whole story, and updated everyone that Nick had been getting a lot better recently. It is amazing how many of the UCC Pathfinders have been praying within their clubs.

Nick's dad Guy surprised us all, by calling Nick on his cell phone. In front of the 800 pathfinders Guy shared with Nick how the Pathfinders had been praying for him. The Pathfinders erupted in cheering and clapping. They had a regular conversation that we listened in on via the sound system. He told his dad what he had ate for breakfast. Nick said at one point "I was in Pathfinders”, and also just hearing him tell his dad he loved him was so touching. Many of us who know Nick well were in tears. It is so powerful how God has worked miracles.

Nick still is recovering, but it is awesome that he can communicate now. For continued updates please visit http://www.nicksmile.com

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:44 pm 
Participating Companion

I was there when Guy called Nick, and it was amazing. It was great to hear Nick talking to us and to his Dad. It was a miracle. I was in tears most of the time :cry: Thanks to everyone who has been praying for him!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:54 am 
Master Guide

God has worked so many ways for Nick and His family. Last October Nick's dad spoke at Upper Columbia Conference's Teen Pathfinder Caving event. The theme was "Courage through the Darkness" it was a great blessing to hear how God worked for Nick life and family.

Nick just recently last month shared his testimony at several churches. Here is the first time he shared his testimony, it is on video: http://haydensda.netadventist.org/index.php?option=com_sermon&Itemid=12 It is worth listening to :)

Nick is receiving physical therapy, and is still improving. You can read the updates at: http://www.nicksmile.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:22 am 
Master Guide

Glad to know that he's improving. Amazing can prayer can do. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:20 pm 
Master Guide

Over spring break I went on Upper Columbia Conference Teen Pathfinder Mission Adventure. This year around 100 Pathfinder teens and staff went to Camp Mivoden and helped out in many different ways. ;2)

Nick Maniscalco shared his testimony for the church service at TPMA. Everyone was touched to hear Nick tell all the miracles God did and is doing in his life. God still answers prayers. He also walked in the cafeteria afterward, with his walker. The Pathfinders gave him a standing ovation for that. I was able to talk to Nick about the TPMAs and other Pathfinder experiences we shared in the past. His mind has recovered so well. Praise God! :|>