Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:24 am 
Astute Guide

Okay, we have a campout coming up and each of the TLTs (or rather, each TLT group) is supposed to come up with a "Bible hero" and design a worship around that person. For some reason I can't seem to get my mind off the track of "sermon". Sermons aren't what you do for campout worships!!! (Maybe my creative juice has just bit the dust or something, I'm usually pretty goo at this.)

Anyhow, I kind of want to talk about Rahab. But my problem is, what kind of creative, fun activities could you do, and how appropriate is it to explain what she did as an occupation to 5th graders?

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:27 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I don't think that it would be inappropriate at all to mention/talk about what she did for a living. I am sure that as 5th graders they've seen and heard about it before, and if not it is in the Bible. There is a reason why God intended for it to be in there. Perhaps you can put a spin on it, like "Even though we don't always make the right choices for our lives, when the time comes for us to make a choice for God, what would you do?" Regardless of what her job as, her decision to help those men could have cost her her life, but she did it anyway and God blessed her for it despite all of that.

Also, the Bible is full of things that are happening in the world today. I know that I was excited to see that there was nothing new under the sun when I started reading the Bible for myself around that age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:07 pm 
Astute Guide

Thanks for your reply, Sheika21. That is kind of the direction I was going with it, but you gave me a couple new starts for ideas...

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3