Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Camporee Events
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:06 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I was wondering what other conferences do at Pathfinder Camporees. In Florida we usually have an honors midway and games on Saturday night. The rest of the schedule varies with the people that volunteer.

What kind of activities do you guy do at your camporees??

Thanks ahead of time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:59 pm 
Superlative Voyager

My conference (Gulf States) just finished up the camporee Oct. 19-22. Theme was pioneering for Christ - as you can imagine we had a blast constructing our entrance designs. I can't wait to find out what next year's theme is!

Our activities were varied between button sewing, marching and drilling, wheel rolling races, stilts, and sacks, and on Sabbath we had a walk-around exhibit of church history and a science booth. It was really cool.

Last year was themed Christ our Navigator. We had a trail we had to use trail signs to find our way around, canoe between bouys, be led through a blind trail, and contruct a wheel-less cart to haul someone around in - you guessed it - blindfolded. The person in the cart gave the directions to go while the puller, being blindfolded, either followed them or ran into something by not listening to the directions being called.

I always love camporees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:30 am 
Helpful Explorer

Wow...button sewing...I would have never thought about that. Did the kids actually enjoy it? I always think you have to plan big extravagant events for the kids, and I guess I forget that sometimes simple and easy can be fun too.

Thanks for the reply!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:00 am 
Superlative Voyager

The thing about button sewing is that they made it into a race... The kids definatly didn't like button sewing, those who couldn't get it fast enough were frustrated. They were on teams of 6, and with our kids, the fastest team took just over 16 minutes to sew 6 buttons on... and they were one of the ones on first place along with a few other club's teams. I don't think that button sewing is one of their favorite games, although they just love making up the team names,... like cheesy doritos and bling-bling. I'm serious - they really used these as team names :D. All in all, it was fun, although a long wait while all of our teams finished up. We were there for 1 1/2 hours waiting on the last team to finish up. Whew - was I glad when that game was over!

I'm not sure if that is something we should plan again though, although it was good at teaching a new skill to some of our kids...