Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:30 am 
Participating Companion

I was onsite for the whole setup during '04. The story of Joseph was inspired, IMO.

However, I have reservations about the "elaborateness" of the staging. I think we put far too much into glitz... We want the kids to focus on the message, not on the drama.

One of the most inspiring events I was to was "going to the son" camporee, when the speaker dressed up as an apostle, and spoke to US as that apostle, directly from his words.

Regardless I look forward to having the chance to see another camporee...

I was never a pathfinder as a kid.
I was at FOF in '04 and DTP in '99.
Wishing '09 to be in Heaven...Or Idaho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:53 pm 
Master Guide

You would be suprised how much a set and lights etc... can influence the audience watching a production. We do a resurrection pageant every year where I'm from, we call it Sonrise. The resurrection scene is scripted to have very loud rumblings, explosions and flashing lights. Without feeling the earthquake, seeing hell crying in agony and seeing the lightning, it would not be the same. Stuff like this sets the mood for the story, and gets the audience into the scene.

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:16 pm 
New Friend

I agree. I think set and whole production effects cause the story to "happen" and make it feel more personal for an audience of the magniture.

Beside, to risk sounding cliche', there are so many technological advancements now that to keep the kid's attention and to compete with modern technology (TV, X-Box, Internet, Ipod). You have to have a big splash the captures their attention so that they will hear the message that is being portrayed! I think it is amazing that this production company has captured this vision to produce Wholesome Bible stories that are exciting and meanigful this today's generation of youth!

Deputy Director, Master Guide, Drill Instructor, TLT Coordinator

http://www.kodakgallery.com/bentonvillebeavers (password: beaver)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:51 pm 
Astute Guide

I must personally agree with the two posts above. I actually am one of techies the people who helps out with the sonrise resurrection scene mentioned by rider1000. We find that by adding in the effects that have had concerns expressed about them; actually help bring the crowd into the mood of the play and get into it more. I guess you could say that the effects actually help draw the audience into the drama, and put themselves into the drama as well.

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:57 pm 
New Friend

What few people realize is that far more effort and planning goes into the script and message of the production than into the lights and effects. We've spent almost three years now in developing the story, passing it through committees, rewriting, editing and producing the upcoming story of Esther. No doubt, to some the final product may look like it's all about the production, but I can assure you that for us, those things are merely tools to use to better illustrate and capture the depth and power of the story.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:35 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
Brian-

Thank you for reminding us that not everything is lights and sound. We appreciate all of the aspects that go into the production of these stories. We want to thank you also for the message and the effort you (and everyone else involved) put into the production(s).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:54 pm 
Master Guide

I agree completely. I don't think we were trying to say that there is more involved with the A/V portion of a production, rather just trying to point out that that part of a production is important, and can't really be left out.

I have "worked" with Andrew Strong the past three summers at Cohutta Springs. Stitler and Strong wrote our plays, and Andrew came down for our staff week to make sure that they went off without a hitch. Without that help, and attention to the script and message, the plays we performed at CSYC would not have been the same. Thanks!

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3