Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GC President
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:28 am 
Astute Guide

A group of us were talking this weekend, and it was noted that the General Conference Presidents (more than one) had not visited any of the International Camporees that the group had attended. There were persons in the group that had been to all the Camporees with the exception of Camp Hale.

Friendship was even within driving distance of DC.

NAD presidents have been in attendance and have preached and prayed, but not even a cameo from the GC President.

I don't think anything more than an appearance was wanted. Just a wave to the Pathfinders telling them how important they are to the church.
I can't imagine a more important group of church members than the 30,000 plus members that were present at Faith on Fire.

Scheduling should not be a problem. There was five years to work on the timing.

What message does this send to our youth :?: :?:

Mr. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:16 pm 
New Friend

has anyone asked them why they haven't come? I kind of think theres no excuse... just atleast one day out of what... 5? they dont even have to camp! they could stay in a hotel one day... and its planned years in advance theres no schedule that can be so busy that they cant put it in... I say we do all we can to get the GC pres there this upcomming camporee... tis a shame, even I came "all the way from DC".. pshh there were people from different countries! camping! hmm... we should try to get in contact with the pres...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:54 pm 
Master Guide

I may get an annoyed reaction from this in the end but... The GC President's Office has a website called lets talk. It is for YOUTH to contact the GC President. They do not claim that he will answer all of the messages, they do promise one of his staffers will read and respond. Any Adventist Youth could pose the question of why he and his predescessors have not attended.

I see that the GC Youth and Pathfinder Directors were at Camp Hale, who was the GC President in 1985?

God Bless?

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:46 pm 
New Friend

I sent a message, and the site I found what you told about is http://letstalk.adventist.org/ . I'll update you when and if I get a response. Thanks for the tip! I hope it's the start of a good thing!