[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - You Know You've Been a Pathfinder Too Long When...

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:46 pm 
Helpful Explorer

You Know You've Been a Pathfinder Too Long When...

You buy a sleeping bag rated for 20 degrees or colder.
You have several shirts with the Pathfinder logo emblazoned on it.
You like the color of Pathfinder green.
You buy a car that is big enough not to accomodate you and your family, but also how many Pathfinders you can hold.
When you go on an outing, you think that this would be a great place to bring your Pathfinders.
You like Haystacks.
You plan your vacation times around Camporee, Fair, Leaders Convention, Teen Retreat, Club Campouts, Bike-a-thons, etc.
You actually know how to start a fire without matches, and use wet wood too!
You have at least two three-wide honor sashes, and you can name every one of them.
You can cook for 20+ people.
Your Pathfinders see more of you than your immediate family does.

Got any more to add?

nwpathfinder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:11 am 
Master Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:13 am 
Master Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:24 pm 
Astute Guide

Your daily attire almost always includes a Pathfinder something-or-other. (belt, cap, shirt, tie, uniform pants and/or shoes... they should make underwear too!)

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:58 am 
Master Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:45 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:48 am 
Master Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:25 pm 
Astute Guide

Very funny list, I love it!

I would add:

you go to the doctor because you think your going deaf, when in reality it was just that you stepped away from all your kids for a minute, and forgot what real silence was like.

you find yourself checking this forum more than your email, or facebook, etc (not hat this is a bad thing)...

you always have a duffle bag/backpack packed and ready

no matter where you go, the first thing you do is start counting heads

you find that your woundeful soft mattress just simply no longer does it for you anymore, you miss that stick and rock in your back so badly...

your family is surprised to see you home on the weekend

believe me, i could keep going...

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:16 am 
Master Guide

I'm saving this. Will share with my club's directors.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:34 pm 
Master Guide

Church members from around your conference only recognize you in your uniform

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:51 am 
Helpful Explorer

Your church is surprized to see you two weeks in a row

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:05 pm 
Master Guide

True indeed!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:50 pm 
Astute Guide

Ha, those last two were pretty good!

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:56 am 
Astute Guide

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:56 am 
Helpful Explorer

I am laughing out loud just reading all of these! Keep them coming!

nwpathfinder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:21 pm 
Participating Companion

It is when...even your club members when they sleep/dream it is your name they speak.
Every time you meet with them, they talk and cry their problem to you...
Soon you already know the problem of the entire church...

Before you sleep you would think of Pathfinder
When you rise one of the thing you will not forget is about Pathfinder.
You will find out that you have place much time in Pathfinder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:16 am 
Master Guide

When I ask for vacation at work, supervisor always ask if it's for a Pathfinder event. :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:53 pm 
Helpful Explorer

You get a vanity plate that says MstrGide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:54 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
I love it! I would do that, but I have an emergency plate on my vehicle right now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:39 pm 
Helpful Explorer

When the number of patches you have exceeds the number of people you know.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:12 pm 
Participating Companion

You've been in Pathfinders so long that whenever you come to church your dressed in your Class A uniform.

I am a 14 year old Guide TLT. I pretty much like reading, writing, playing video games, and surfing the net.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 pm 
Skillful Ranger

...You only see certain people at Pathfinder events, and then when you talk to them it's like nothing has changed.

Central NH Flames