a camporee on the beach at Phucket, but
as the time for the camporee approached,
it was decided to move it to the mainland;
2000 pathfinders escaped harm because of
this decision.

Post subject: Thank God
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:56 pm 
Master Guide

There is another Pathfinder site/forum based in Europe where they are asking about that Camporee, I am going to forward your news. Never doubt the impact of God, it may not always be noticed or it may be very subtle; it is never without purpose.

Chris Fishell
XYRI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:37 pm 
Astute Guide

I have watched thunderstorms split and go around Camporees.
I have seen tornadoes miss Camporees (twice).
I have seen rain delayed until Camporees are over.
I have seen it rain all day, but no lightning.
Now a group is protected from a tsunami.

God is good :!: :!: :!:

It is things like these that will help give your faith in the Lord a real boost.

Mr. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:33 am 
Skillful Ranger

I remember hearing about a tornado at the 99 camporee that split and went around Oshkosh......

God is amazing....!!!!!

Cailin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:21 am 
Participating Companion

I was at the 99 camporee. It was pretty cool. Well it was cool afterwards :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:04 pm 
Skillful Ranger

:) Welcome :) It alwaysseemsto rainat our camporres,but never lightning storms:)

Cailin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:53 pm 
Astute Guide

I don't know how many that were at DTP in 1999 realized that the only place in the area that did not loose electrical power was the EAA Campground. I have friends that live in the area and they told me that people were talking about how the Camporee had power when everything else was down during that storm.

We are truly blessed :!:

Mr. Mike

Post subject: About S.E. Asia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:23 pm 
Master Guide

This is placed on another Pathfinder news site by a member I thought you might like to read.

Quote:
Re: Pathfinder Camporee in Thailand (Score: 1)
by Jimmy_chai (jimmy_chai@ureach.com) on Wednesday, January 12 @ 03:51:34 CET
(User Info | Send a Message)
Dear all/Maya, <br /> On behalf of all, I would like to extend the appreciation and prayer from all in the brotherhood/sisterhood in Christ/adventist/Pathfindering community. <br /> <br /> The Tsunami almost hit us hard on 26th Dec 2004. <br /> <br /> In the very early functional commitee meeting, the initial plan to set up the campsite was, PHUKET. 1974, thirty years ago FAD (before it was split into 2 divisions, North and South), we had the first Camporee there and due to the fact we wanted to enhance the sentimental value of the place, we proposed to have the camporee again after thirty years for celebration as well. No, God had made a way that after thirty years, Phuket became such an expensive tourist place. We moved to saraburi, Chim Kul, 15 minutes from Mission College operated by Seventh-Day Adventist Church. <br /> <br /> Our lives were spared. However after the camporee, 23nd Dec, I heard that West Java Conference Pf/Mgs were invited to Cambodia. But they decided to go to Chiangmai. Later before we departed, they told me they were heading to Phuket before Malaysia. However, God had intervened them again, before reaching Phuket, their journey adjourned. They were safe. <br /> <br /> On the other group, Sri Lanka. We want to praise the Lord each of them was not in the water. They need plenty of your assistances in variety ways, do lend them a helping hand. <br /> <br /> After all, the theme for the 7th South East Asia International Camporee, with 30 countries representatives, 11 official invited countries candidates, . This historic event of the pathfindering of SAUM, will be more impactful to the next generation and others around the globe, God has been making ways for us each days for our Salvation. <br /> <br /> Once again, I want to thank all on behalf all others (I assume I read this msg at this particular website and no one else reacted/read before), that I took the opportunity to extend our Christian love once again. God bless. <br /> <br /> Jimmy Chai/Mission College

I pray thanks for those who were spared.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:23 pm 
Astute Guide

I had only heard that one group of Pathfinders was not in the path of the tsunami. Now I read there were several.

Good is so God to us :!: :!: :!:

Mr. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:55 am 
New Friend

IF HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW ,THEN KNOW THAT HE WATCHES YOU.

We once had unsafe water at a campout (being the only source of water there)but none of our kids complained of any problems.The Lord knows where His children are at any given time and He watches over them even when they play :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:56 am 
New Friend

IF HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW ,THEN KNOW THAT HE WATCHES YOU.

We once had unsafe water at a campout (being the only source of water there)but none of our kids complained of any problems.The Lord knows where His children are at any given time and He watches over them even when they play :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:48 pm 
New Friend

We conducted a districtwide pathfinder camping in preparation for the missionwide camping. Four school principals permitted their students to join. Indeed, it was full of fun, excitement, and learning of skills were facilitated by the lecturers. The five-day activities were over. An hour after all our campers reached home, we heard an announcement from the weather bureau that a strong typhoon was coming. Our area was one of the badly hit by the typhoon. But I thanked God for His care, while the camp was on going we didn't experience the typhoon.