Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:21 pm 
Astute Guide

Early Friday afternoon at Faith on Fire the weather looked terrible.
The ARKLA Conference Youth Director (John Taylor) and I decided that we should have a little prayer meeting to ask for good weather for the night meeting.
We all know how disruptive rain would be to a nightly meeting.
John and I went to the DeQueen, AR club that was near by to where several of the younger boys were playing. John asked them to join us in prayer about the weather.

Each of the boys had prayer that the meeting that night would not be bothered by rain. I followed the four boys with a prayer that it would not rain at the EAA Campground until we were all home. (I hate wet tents). John closed the prayer meeting laying our requests at the foot of the throne.

About an hour later, it started raining hard. The four boys from DeQueen ran to John and asked what to do because it was raining and their prayer was not being answered. John reminded them that they had prayed for it not to rain during the meeting that night. He then sent them back to their eating area to have more prayer if they thought it was needed.

A few minutes later it stopped raining, the weather cleared and the meeting that night was held in some of the best weather we had seen up to that point.

I did not think much about that prayer meeting until we had stopped at a pizza place for supper on the way home. We were in the middle of Arkansas and I was looking at the Weather Channel on the big TV. A map of Wisconsin was on the screen and the entire state was green with rain. My part of the prayer had been answered as well. It had not rained until we were home :!:

Mr Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:49 am 
Skillful Ranger

I remember that very well. I remember Friday afternnon it looked alomst like we woud have a tornado. I was up at the hangars watching some of the drill competitions, and the sky was really dark. Isn't God wonderful?

Central NH Flames