Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: God's Helper
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:20 pm 
Astute Guide

Each year the Shreveport Pathfinder Club does a Pathfinder Sabbath at Marthaville, Louisiana which is about an hour south of Shreveport. We do the complete church service and then spend Saturday night camping in the fields of a staff member’s horse ranch. On Sunday morning we teach all the Camping Skills Honors as we cook over an open fire.

This particular year, I was not feeling well, my throat was sore and giving me a lot of trouble. The staff had heard little rumors that the older Pathfinder boys were going to try a little mischief during the night. As best we could gather, it had to do with dumping the girl’s tents. As club director I was planning to stay up and head this trouble off, but I was just too sick. I remember lying in my sleeping bag unable to swallow and saying a prayer that God would take care of the problem.

It the morning, I rolled out of my sleeping bag, got dressed and stirred up the campfire to provide some warmth and get the fire ready to cook breakfast. One by one, the boys came out of their tents and asked me how I felt after staying up all night. Each of the boys asked me the same question as they gathered around the campfire to soak up some heat. I asked the group of boys what made them think I had been up all night. The reply was that I had walked around and around their tent all night. I walked over and looked at the ground near the tent. There in the dirt were the tracks of the donkey that was in the field we were camping in. The donkey tracks went around and around the tent sometimes in the dirt and sometimes in the leaves.

The boys thought the donkey footsteps were mine and I had been walking around their tent all night. God had answered my prayer for help because I was sick with a donkey. God is Good :!:

Mr. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:02 pm 
Superlative Voyager

Wow what an awesome story!