Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Still Small Voice
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:59 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
When I was a companion, my club went camping at one of the near by lakes. I hadn't become used to all of the camping rules yet. A group of pathfinders decided to go exploring Friday afternoon. I was following the rest of the group when I became uneasy about our idea. We hadn't told anyone where we were going and we didn't have an adult with us either. I was the second oldest person in the group. The feeling go worse when we got to a park road crossing before the trail disappeared on the other side. By now, I could hear a voice as clear as thunder that was telling me to turn back and stay next to our camp. The others kept going and just shrugged at my choice to turn back. That evening I learned that the others had been missing for quite a while and hadn't shown up until almost sundown. They were immediately put on KP duty. I didn't think about the voice much until Sunday when I returned from the camping trip. I told my parents about what happened and they told me that the voice I heard was the Holy Spirit.

I have thought about that experience many times since it happened. I have learned many valuable lessons. I want everyone to know and understand that, when the Holy Spirit speaks, you should listen. What about you? Have you heard the still small voice?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:03 am 
Skillful Ranger

Wow! I'm glad you chose the right choice by listening to ur conscience. I've never had that happen to me before but it would definitely creep me out of it did.

Voyager