Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:53 pm 
Master Guide

Tomorrow is our induction ceremony, and as the deputy director, it falls to me to light the class candles. There's just one hitch - we've added Pioneer and Navigator to our curriculum, so I either have to make something up to say about those two classes, or use something suggested by any of you.

We use the script found in the staff manual, which has the following for the Friend class:

Quote:
The Pathfinder Friend class is a course of study in learning, skills, and physical fitness that will help one to be a better neighbor now, and a friend of God throughout eternity.

Does anyone have something like this for Pioneer and Navigator? I'm going to go ahead and make something up, but if I see something better, I'll certainly use it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:57 pm 
Master Guide

This is what I've come up with based on the requriements for these two classes:

Pioneer
The Pathfinder Pioneer class is a course of study that emphasizes faith in the face of adversity, and teaches the Pathfinder the skills needed to spread Christianity to areas it has not yet reached.

Navigator
The Pathfinder Navigator class is a course of study that emphasizes the importance of the Sabbath and leads the Pathfinder to a life of service to Christ.

Comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:08 pm 
Master Guide

Jim,

Those are good, here is a suggestion.

The Pathfinder Pioneer Class is a course of study that emphasizes faith in the face of adversity, and teaches the Pathfinder many skills needed to fullfil the Pathfinder Aim and Motto.

The Pathfinder Navigator Class is a course of study to help solidify the foundation of Sabbath and reinforces those practices that will lead these young adults into a life of service for Christ.

God Bless,

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:16 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Those sound really good. We do have something official from the conference that I have, but it is in PDF format and I'm not sure how to link stuff. If you would like it, you can PM me and I can get it to you that way. Wish I had seen this sooner. Hope your induction ceremony went well. How many pioneers and navigators did you induct?

God Bless,
Iris N. Hillmon

Lay FL eTracker/Varsity Pathfinder Director

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:47 pm 
Master Guide

Hi Iris,

I should have posted the question a little sooner, but this sneaked up on me. I went with something very close to what I wrote here. Fish, I like your Navigator version better than mine. I'd have used it if I had asked sooner!

We inducted one Pioneer, but we have two others in that class. We don't have any Navigators. The ceremony went off pretty well. The only snag I ran into was that I didn't know what color represents the Navigator class. We used a blue candle, but I wasn't sure if that was the correct color or not. So I didn't mention the color.

Iris, to post a link, just paste it in. I usually highlight the whole link and the click the URL button at the top. That "linkifies" it (to coin a term).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:33 pm 
Master Guide

What's the commercial "Life comes at you fast." At anyrate, happy it went well for you. You'll have to wait for Iris to tell us the proper colors, I think I know them Backward.

fish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:25 am 
Helpful Explorer

I'm glad to hear you have pathfinders working on the Pioneer class. If you don't mind me asking (I'm nosey), Why did you decided to you the Pioneer level? I think it is a wonderful level, and I know the reasons we are using it here in Florida, but I was just wondering you reason. I am glad it is getting around though. :D

The colors are Orange for Pioneers and Teal for Navigators. I actually have a PDF of the Induction Ceremony. How do I attach that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:04 am 
Master Guide

The three PFs we have who are in grade 10 wanted three more years of Pathfinders instead of only one more year. I guess they could have worked on the Guide level and then continued as TLT's, but that just doesn't seem like enough. All three of them are working on the Pioneer class level as well as TLT's.

You can't attach a file to a post here. If it's not available for download somewhere, I'd be happy to get the PDF via email though. You can send it to me at jthomas at bittware dot com. Or maybe Chris would host it over at XYRI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:43 pm 
Master Guide

Sure we would host it, just need it in a finished form and no one needing it fast since I am not the webmaster it takes a little time to get up just email it to me.

Chris