[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - New Pathinder Club

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Pathinder Club
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:05 am 
New Friend

hi everyone
i just joined this forum and i think its kina cool. any way i'm a pathifinder director and the instructor for my current church.
But this is the story... i was asked to be a director at a very new church. there are about 15 people at the church. apparently i have volunteered to help out at this new church. but i have no idea of where to start and how to get this club going. if there is anyone who is able to help me..or just give some advise, please be free.
what i had in mind was to give out tracts in the area, saying who we are and how we can help the commnity.
any tips are realy welcomed
thanks
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:25 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:43 pm 
New Friend

thanks vet.pathfinder

how do get those guys to reply

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:43 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:26 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:15 am 
New Friend

Post subject: Startign a Club
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:53 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:16 pm 
New Friend

Hey i'm not a directer or anything i'm just a Guid (get it) here to help , my culb went like from 10 to like 35 in less than a year, i think that the key to our sucess is that the leaders are great, the games are fun, it go for like a whole saturday afternoon so we have something to do on a saturday, The consillors, director is cool, but we first built a loving comunity were you could came and enjoy yourself, but the real secret is to pray to god that his will be done not ours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:10 am 
Master Guide

Greetings MrC,
I guess I am late to notice this request - sorry.

Welcome to our forum; I hope it is worth telling others about for you. I love starting Pathfinder Clubs, it matters little to me what size they might be.

The last club Randy and I started was for a small congregation; although slightly larger than what you have described only 3 kids from the church joined of the 17 or so kids we had. The others were from the community or that knew us or friends of the three. You have gotten some great advice so far and I will add items mostly of a structual matter.

first, adventsource is a great place but its prices are tailored for North America, you have access to http://youth.gc.adventist.org/ which includes AY outfitters, they do not have many items available at adventsource but they do have the basic staff manuals and most of the Honor requirements are online at the site. Some manuals can be downloaded there as they will apply to SA.

As a director of Pathfinders we will function in the understanding that you know how to run a club and just need help with getting this new and potentially small club up and running...

1 as always prayer

2 budget: This young church is likely short on funds and considering all things they do carefully. For lack of organization, lack of youth, or lack of funding they may not be ready, today, for a club and the initial budget will help them to spend time with that concern (is it where God wants them to be?). In this budget are the things they do not have that they need for a club (manuals, uniforms... ...some can be made to save money - flags, banners, guideons...) and the cost for running the first year (events, crafts, Honors...) S. Africa has a strong economy and this will place a burden similar to those just starting out in the USA on this church - "How do we make our Rands cover all we are doing?" It is an important question for them to answer early.

2b plan: You will need your calendar of events now, as you will see in 3 it will need to be active. Maybe for this fledgling club it will be more summer camp like than formal. This means lots of Honors and crafts to keep it interesting and not a lot of drilling (unless the kids end up liking it).
Both of your clubs can participate together as often as you can work it out for events and outings.

3 recruit: Certainly you want to get any child in the congregation to join and you will then want that child to bring friends, so you will need to have a good program to offer. This will likely mean a lot of arts and crafts and outings they will not otherwise have access to (mostly a normal Pathfinder club). Thorugh the kids and by reaching out to the community you can find more.

4 staff: You are already directing one club, it is best you find a good deputy to train to become the director for the new club and begin to train anyone willing on how to be a pathfinder counselor and how Pathfinders works. SDA parents are a good source for staffers. Maybe you will want to start a Master Guide "Club" or a new Ambassador Club (see youth.gc above) as a support group that meets to work on Master Guide and leadership training at least one time per month and then works in both of your clubs as appropriate (thins brings good fellowship between the two churches too).

5 conference: as is said, contact the conference for help. There may be coordinators (not sure for SA) and at least one person in the youth dept. Have the youth director come talk about Pathfinders to a church service and then get him, and his help, to help you train your staff members - say a Sunday training day for 8-10 hours just going over the staff manual. That is the Basic Staff Training Course for which they can get certificates.

You can find some help at http://www.xtremeyouthresources.org and if you email Randy Raynes (who's email is on that site) I am sure he can offer up some additional help. Starting from scratch is more daunting than difficult for someone who has had a club. The only thing here that will be new for you is procuring the things that your club already has and how to take time to do it without breaking the bank.

Happy to share more if you have any specific or even vague questions. Take time to browse the various sections of this forum - particularly the staff sections below the TLT forum, some of the start up questions you have maybe answered there. AND as importantly your experience may be of benefit to some of us.

God Bless,

Chris "Fish" Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:50 pm 
Participating Companion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:58 pm 
Master Guide

That depends. Often those who you target to join will be a lot more willing than most might think. I know that I have seen some hard core gamers turn out to be great pathfinders. The key is to keep them involved, but not to be too over bearing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:22 pm 
Helpful Explorer