[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - Club Games

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Club Games
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:52 am 
New Friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:07 am 
New Friend

Hey Jami

in my club we play a few games:
Fly- you place shoes/sticks in a stright line side ways (leave gaps in the middle) every one jumps over the shoes into the space, they can only place one foot in each gaps each round otherwise there out their also out if they touch the shoe. every round you make the wholes bigger

All in tag - everyone is in, once your taged you sit down but you can still tag people.

Bus - like musical chairs only chairs are placed in bus shape, you can jump out the window but you can't jump in. once some one pass' the drivers seat they have to run all the way around last one is left without a seat is out and sit on a chair when everone else is running.

IF YOU WANT MORE GAMES JUST ASK I HAVE HEAPS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:02 pm 
New Friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:29 am 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:26 pm 
Master Guide

We used to actually do a one night campout for prospective members. But now that we have 22 friends without that... we would be crazy to try to attract a bunch more.

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:04 pm 
New Friend

thanks for all the good ideas. i really like the bus game to.

~jami
14 y/o
1st yr TLT
Michigan/Indiana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:06 pm 
New Friend

that last comment was from me. i just didnt realize i was on my dad's name. thanks
~jami

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:46 pm 
Participating Companion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:01 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:03 pm 
New Friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:18 pm 
New Friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:28 pm 
Master Guide

Wow, I'm getting good ideas on here. I need to share more soon.. but I"ve been so busy with school work.

Thanks for all your ideas!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:25 pm 
Superlative Voyager

We often times play a game involving numbered groups. You get all the kids together, then call out numbers. Whatever number you call out (it has to be a reasonable number), that many kids form a group, with multiple groups until there is no way left you can make a group with that many kids. Those kids left out are out. Game continues until you can't make any more groups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:08 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
That sounds a little like musical chairs without the chairs, and you use numbers instead of music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:24 am 
Skillful Ranger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:01 pm 
Master Guide

Cool. I might have to try that soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:21 pm 
Astute Guide

I found an interesting variation on just about any sport. It is kind of confusing to explain, but it is fun, and it takes away some of the competitiveness, which is good when 'forcing' kids to play who don't really want to play in the first place, which is often what ends up happening in a group like pathfinders.

If a team scores a point, they 'give' their point to the other team. Whoever scored the point then switches to (or stays on) the winning team (team with most points [which are, of course, 'given' to them] and are thus the weakest team also). It may be chaotic at first, but once people get used to it, it is very entertaining.

I found it in a book called "Quick Access Ideas for Youth and Young Adult Ministry" (which I read while I assembled it at work) and I recommend it for all pathfinder clubs to have. It is full of great ideas, most of which are great for club worships, and all of them illustrate spiritual truths. There are ideas good for Juniors to Young Adults, but most of them can be used for either, no matter what they say.

Here is a link for it:

http://adventsource.org/book.aspx?ID=21353

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

Post subject: Re: Club Games
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:55 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I have a game:

Snag the Rag: Divide the group into two even teams. You also need a "caller". (if you can't make even teams, the "odd" person can be the "caller") The caller calls out the
number(s). The two teams face each other so that you have two parrelle lines, with the caller at the head of the lines. It looks like this:

///////////////C////////////(C=Caller, Person=Team members)
Person////////////////Person

and so on. The caller says a number, eg. 1, and person number 1 comes from each line. They try to get the rag in the middle. If you touch the rag, but don't pick it up, the other person can tag you, and you join their line. When someone gets the rag, they try to get to their line without getting taged. If they get taged, they join the other line, and if they cross their line without getting taged, the other person joins their line. If the people in the center are taking too long, the caller can say another number. Eg. If 1 is out, the caller might call 3 out.

I have another game I will add later. It is called "Dodge Ball Run"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:00 pm 
Master Guide

That game sounds a lot like "Steal the Bacon."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:26 pm 
Snag the rag is fun. Your club should try it, TLTgurl17.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:14 pm 
New Friend

As stated the other topic discussion i started I am very sorry for my absence. I have been very busy.
Ya, In my club we play Steal the Bacon which is pretty much the same thing.
Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful ideas!

-Jami
16 y/o
3rd yr TLT
Indiana/Michigan

Indiana/Michigan