Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:00 pm 
New Friend

Dear All,

Im Henry from Indonesia, West Java. Our Pathfinder is just beginning two years ago and we have never heard about Teen Leadership Training (TLT). I would like to start this training by this year in fact, we don't have enough material (complete) yet. even though I have searched in the Internet and found several references but they are really not enough for me. Our Pathfinder is still a growing baby, need a help. I was wondering if you all have quite good materials to establish new TLT in my conference, please kindly, send it to me. You may send it by email or mail. Thank you so much for helping me. God Bless.

Brother in Christ,

Henry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:38 am 
Astute Guide

The Advent Source web site (http://www.adventsource.org) should list all the TLT training materials available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:19 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I am a Counselor (formerly a TLT) from the USA. I'm not sure how it would work in Indoinesia, but I can give you some advice from experience :) Please feel free to send an email to:
bluescifiworm@yahoo.com.

God Bless,

Cailin Gerrans, TLT/Counselor

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:49 pm 
New Friend

Dear Gerrans,

Thank you for your email reply...
you're right, I don't think so that it will work in Indonesia, but, since all our Pathfinder materials, atributes, insignias, training system and so on adopted from the United Stated, I believe, TLT would be success too, in fact we have a lot of resources person such you.

Im no longer live in Indonesia, Im stuying in AIIAS in the Philipines to up-grade my degree. I used to work with young people as conference level Pathfinder Director. I have heard this TLT since 4 years ago while I was attending the first soutern Asia Pacific Division youth leaders seminar in Thailand, and last occasion was in Oshkosh, Widconsin. I told this good news to several youth leaders in my conference, they were really anthusiastic and want learn more about that. I quite often to get on the Internet to spread this lesson to them. I have a channel-leader which is ready to aply everything new about Pathfinder.

so please gerrans, be our counselor or even long-distance learning Intructor. I'll let you know for the further progress. Thank you God continually bless you life.

Henry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:37 am 
Skillful Ranger

Henry, Please, call me Cailin :) I will do what I can to help you out. I believe that it will be a wonderful experience for me ;)

Cailin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:51 pm 
Master Guide

Henry, I sent you a private message. Included is the email address of my associate. If you will check that message or send me your email address I can get to you directly we have material we can send you by mail, please let me know. Randy is eager to help you.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:20 pm 
New Friend

Dear Ceilin

Im sorry for that, I'll call you ceilin then. Thank you for being my partner, we're working out on that and Im getting and collecting some materials. However, if you got something to share, just send it to me because I need something or item to think about. God Bless.

Brother in Christ,
Henry

Post subject: Forward
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm 
New Friend

Dear Fish,

Thank you Fish for your information, Im trying to get in touch with him(Randy) as soon as possible. God Bless.

Brother in Christ,

Henry

Post subject: extended help?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:46 pm 
New Friend

hello

i myself, am also in the process of beginning the TLT program with my club. even though we are few who qualify, we are eager to start. up to now i only have excerpts from the TLT manual which were available at http://www.pathfindersonline.org. we are a very small club, with a very small budget, and i do not wish to spend too much right away on TLT, since we need to stableize other areas. is there any information that anybody could share? thank you

eileen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:24 pm 
Superlative Voyager

This is the one link I found for the TLT manuals of any sort on the AdventSource website. It seems to have only the diary, and not many of the instructor's manuals that accompany it.

http://www.adventsource.org/book.aspx?ID=21435

What I can suggest eileen, is that if such manuals exist, they would probably be in the area of $30 - $40. In addition to $4 for your TLT books. I would suggest that your TLT's have a fundraiser. Something simple to raise up the money for their TLT club. Or possibly to have a dozen or so church members sponsor the club for $5 each. That should be enough to get your manuals. I'm sure every church has a dozen people that would sponsor $5 for a TLT club!

Central California Conference

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:40 pm 
Master Guide

eileen_neave,
Great to hear you are starting a TLT program for your club. NAD has a well established program as the pioneer division for TLT. The manual is the link in Mederapf's post. This is the full manual as it exists. TLT's are part of the larger club. That is what ever is not in this book falls under the scope of your Pathfinder Staff Manual.

You will only need one of the books as your manual and you will copy application forms and lists from it.

God Bless,

Chris Fishell
Xtreme Youth Resources International

Post subject: TLT ADVICE
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:08 pm 
New Friend

Hi,

I am the TLT Coordinator for our club in Arkansas. I'm so excited to hear about anyone who is trying to get teens to join or stay in Pathfinders. I believe that with an ACTIVE TLT program, we can hang on to our Youth and they can become Extraordinary Christian Leaders!

I've found that the best thing to do with your Teens/TLT's it to keep them involved with the club. Give them Jr. Staff status, give them responsibilities, make them feel like they are a valued part of the club. We currently have TLT doing our montly club report, coordinating all our our club worships/speakers, teaching honors, being Jr. Councelors...whatever it takes to keep them INTERESTED and as an active part in the club.

We like to pamper our Teens/TLT's a little too! We take them on special "TLT only" outings. We have special Teen Campouts... Things that are just for them. This not only makes them feel like we completely value their participation and help, which we ABSOLUTELY DO!, but it also give the younger pathfinders something to look forward to when they become TLT's.

Whatever you do - buy manuals, read books, ect. ect. - just keep them active, give them special responsibilities, keep them in Pathfinders, keep them with Christ!!

God Bless and I'd love to chat further about this with anyone!!
Have a great day!

Deputy Director, Master Guide, Drill Instructor, TLT Coordinator

http://www.kodakgallery.com/bentonvillebeavers (password: beaver)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:59 am 
Master Guide

I love doing the TLT program. As al just said, just keep 'em active and involved. You'd be suprised how much a little responsibility will bring out the best in people.

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:02 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I would have to suggest adventist website I forgot it's name but I can look into it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:08 am 
New Friend

AUP would like to start TLT also the soonest possible, granting that the materials are available. May we solicit the assistance of anyone who may serve as our distant counselor or director? I will personally get in touch with him/her.

Thanks! :)

Jeruel

Post subject: TLT training manuals
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:56 am 
Astute Guide

Hey, evry1! I work at AdventSource, so I may be able to help you out a little. You were saying something about a manual and activity diary. Well, there really isn't either. There is a book that I would say is kind of a cross between the two. it costs 3.95 and you'll need to get one for each of your TLTs. (Follow the link that ManderaPF gave.) That is all that we have. It goes through the basic idea of all four years of the TLT program (in this way it is like an instructor's manual) and also has checklists for each year so you can keep track of who's done what (in this way it's like an activity diary). If you have questions about the TLT program, feel free to ask me, as I believe I understand it very well.

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:31 am 
Participating Companion

Hi Henry and JBi,

I just like to inquire to both of them if they have successfully organize a TLT since I'm here also in the Philippines, that's why i'm looking for the possibility.

Blessings'

Ric