[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Pathfindersonline • View topic - Mission Trips?

Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:52 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:16 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:27 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Okay, I think Mr. Livergood got a liver transplant from his son.=, too. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:19 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:46 am 
Master Guide

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:15 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:45 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:12 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Hey, guys. Sorry for the late reply... but anyways, here it is:

It was a great week, and a bit overwhelming to put into words, but here it is.
After a One hour plane ride to BWI, a one and a half hour flight to Jackson and a one and a half hour drive from Jackson Int'l to BMA, we arrived at the academy at 10:00 CST. Our group spilt up and went to the girl's and boy's dorms.

The next day we woke up at 6:00 AM and headed over to the Gymateria. (Their makeshift cafeteria located in the gym, the old one was being rebuilt.) After breakfast we were taken on a tour of the campus. It was of for orientation more than anything. After our tour, we were told we were going to be putting insulation in the new music building.
So we rode in the back of the contractor's pickup truck down to a huge storage warehouse to load up with salvaged insulation. I don't like salvaged insulation anymore. Everyone got it all over them. It even got on the camera lens when we were taking photos. Needless to say, anfter lunch only the TLT's continued to work at the music building. The others went to move/clean shelving in the new cafeteria. Eventually near four o'clock we finished, and got to take a shower. We kinda just chilled until dinner. Resting, and picking insulation of our arms.

I'll post the rest in another post later partly because I have to go and partly because I'm writting most of this in edit mode because I accidentally posted too soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:59 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:21 pm 
Master Guide

I could spend forever talking about Cuba! Our group, including rider1000, arived in Cuba late February 23. We got to our hotel and crashed (fell into bed). The next morning we got up and started working on sermons and making sure that all our equipment was working. Two or three in our group didn't have their checked baggage for two days.

Friday night was the beginning of the evangelistic series for our 8 different speakers. I wasn't nervous until 5 minutes before I got up on stage (I was one of the speakers). The sermons continued for 16 days strait. Preaching got easier and easier as the nights went along. But editing the sermons beforehand was an all day job.

We saw lots of 1950's cars while we were down there. There were some 1940's cars as well. It is funny, after the US embargo went into effect, all the cars are Russian. Now you are starting to see some European and Oriental cars in Cuba. Most of the new cars are tourist cars though.

The last Sabbath that we were at our evangelism sites, there were baptisms! There were 9 at my church alone! Another 9 were supposted to be baptised either this Sabbath or this month. There were also at least 35 people who were studying the bible and preparing for baptism.

The campaign was all over Cuba. Our 8 sites were just a small amount of the campaign. The entire campaign had 208 baptisms, and at least 500 who are going to be studying the bible and preparing for baptism. Everyone of our 8 speakers was in 9th through 12th grade. This is a great example of what the youth of the SDA church can do for God!

It was hard to part with our churches. They had been our family for almost three weeks. Every church gave their speaker, mentor, and other evangalistic person at least one parting gift.

What a blessing this has been. I hope that you all get a chance to do something like this at some point in your life. It is SO different from any other mission trip. The building mission trips aren't even close to the same. Neither are the medical mission trips. I have been on or seen the results of both of these other kinds of mission trips. I can't speak for long term missionary work, but that must be the closest thing to it.

If you want to know more, feel free to ask rider1000 of I about it.
You can either email me about it at bjgadd@gmail.com or contact me here on this thread or even private message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:10 am 
Helpful Explorer

"Don't wait for the one you can live with, wait for the one you can't live without."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:27 pm 
Master Guide

We will be praying for both trips. All the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:31 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Yeha, I'm back with more to share. But before I begin I would like to say: "Old insulation is worse than new insulation."

Anyways, on Tuesday we got to really get dirty! (Kinda) We were busting down some cinder block walls in the old elementary school's showers/bathrooms BMA was repurposing. That, for me, was the best job ever! It doesn't get more manly than taking a mighty swing at a cement wall wiht a huge mallet and watching it bust into pieces! :smt023 8) Although after lunch, it was just the older kids for a while while the younger ones cleaned shelving for the cafeteria.

On Wedensday, we put up and took down tents flooded with 100% authentic Katrina Water... and 100% authentic Katrina mold.:smt103 Putting up and taking down all of those tents took a while. Two days to be exact.

Thursday night we went to pathfinders, and had a great time with the soapcraft honor. We also taught the other club some of our special marching moves.

On Friday we moved all of the food/ cooking equipment from the Gym to the new Cafeteria. That took all day, and after that was done, we unloaded a semi that contained steel for the roof of the walkway.

Saturday was a true day of rest, and after church we went down near the coast. The destruction was amazing. Some places the only thing left was a foundation and front steps. Words cannot begin to describe it. Even six months later.

Sunday we traveled home, and were reunited with our families at the airport. It was a great week, and if I took time to note all the details, this forum would run out of web hosting space. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:55 pm 
Master Guide

Last edited by Mitch on Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:41 am 
New Friend

I'll try and help out some... Mitch got most of the basic stuff for you guys, but I can tell some stories of what happened out there. On monday, our first workday, our mission team (we were split up in 12 teams) went to an old lady's house who was getting ready to move. She had a pretty big yard, but it was literally covered with 6 inches of leaves. We spent all afternoon there and filled like 50 :!: bags with leaves.

By the third day we were painting the coat of primer on all the outside of the building. At the end of the day, some of my friends who were painting went and got a can what they thought was paint thinner. But it was paint remover (the stuff that you put on the wall to make the paint peel! ur supposed to avoid skin contact) :lol:

Another day(can't remember which) one team went the local nursing home just to talk to the old people there and one of the old ladies there had a stroke right in the middle of the talking session. One of the ladies was downright terrified and one of the pathfinder girls talked to her and asked if she could pray with her.

Another great thing that happened was that on Thursday and Friday we put on a free community carwash. We washed like 50 cars those two afternoons, and everyone of them either got out of the car to talk with the pathfinder leaders or sat in the car reading the Steps to Christ that we gave out.

On Sabbath, we had the service with the Brewster Spanish Church at the sanctuary we had helped build. A couple got married that Sabbath, and then in the evening 13 members were baptized (including the recently married couple).

I think the most touching part of the whole trip was when a little girl was baptized (she couldn't have been more than 8 years old). After her baptism, they wrapped her in a towel and handed her a microphone. There she stood, shivering and wet, and she sang. She sang from the joy in her heart that she had been saved. :smt089 :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:42 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:33 pm 
Master Guide

:smt001 UCC's Pathfinder Teen Mission Adventure is a great witness to the communities we visit. Here is an artical the local paper published:

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:38 pm 
Master Guide

you will not be burned;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:52 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:33 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:02 pm 
Master Guide

you will not be burned;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:17 pm 
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:25 am 
Master Guide

Ah.... who cares... let's do it. Another trip like that would definitely be worth the cost :lol:

you will not be burned;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:23 am 
Master Guide

Exactly, Mission trips are worth every penny of the expense. Winning souls for the Kingdom is Priceless!! :smt045

It can take a while to raise money though. Remember we have just as much of a "mission field" right here in our back yard. Keep Witnessing for Jesus!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:27 pm 
Master Guide

You are right my friend. You can even witness to friends... oh and you know... Pathfinders is a ministry. As the older kids, it's our duty to minister and set an example for the youngsters. Good luck with all your outreach, and inreach.

you will not be burned;

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next