Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mission Trips?
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:09 am 
Master Guide

Hi,

I'm from the Upper Columbia Conference! Here in our conference we do somthing quite awesome.

It's Teen Pathfinder Mission Adventure!! Each spring break us teens get together and do a mission project. One of the requirements is that it needs to be a days drive away. We have gone to Summer Camps, Churchs, Schools, and other places... building, demolishing, clearing, fixing, and doing Story Hour -VBS's- for little kids.

This last year we did it in Pasco, WA at the Ephesis SDA Church. We had the best partisipation we have had in the 9 years, 100+ path. teens and staff. We had pathfinders from Washington, Oregon, Idaho...

You don't have to go overseas, to differnt countrys or around the world to experiance a mission trip. It is totaly awesome the spiritual impact that it makes on us Teens. Also we get to know so many of the Teens from all around the conference, and I think our conference has grown closer, each year at the Fairs, Teen Retreats, camporees and other conference events you get to see your TMA friends :!: :!:

So what other mission trips have you been on or want to go on :?:

I'll answer any questions about UCC TMA too :D

Last edited by Mitch on Tue May 03, 2005 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:26 am 
Master Guide

Outstanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:01 pm 
Participating Companion

The Michigan conference has Teen Mission Impact, which goes to the Dominican Republic. I haven't gone yet, but I'm applying to go this year. It's during Christmas break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:22 am 
Master Guide

Cool, I've been on 3 oversea mission trips... They are fun but raising the money is a job sometimes :wink:

What it cool about UCC Teen Mission Adventure is that you only pay 100 dollars and get to hang out with other teens the whole week. There is always plenty of work and they really feal like a mission trip... after all our mission in right were we live too right?

Everyone goes home thinking they really made a difference :!:

Not everyone parent will alow there kid to go out of the states and not all pathfinders can afford it. This is an awesome opportunity to still serve God :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:58 pm 
New Friend

Hey,
I've gone on the Teen Mission Adventure trips twice now and they are awesome. I can't really say how they compare to going out of the country but I definantly think they are an awesome way to reach people here in the states and they offer an opportunity for kids who might not otherwise be able to participate in something like this. I agree with you Mitch that you don't have to go out of the country to participate in a mission trip. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:39 pm 
New Friend

I've been on three Teen Mission Adventures and they are a lot of fun. Its nice to be able to do a mission trip without spending a whole tone of money and I believe America is one of the best (and most difficult and trying) mission fields there is. America needs Godly young people reaching out just as much as any other country.

Post subject: AWESOME!!
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:59 pm 
New Friend

Since TMA began, nine years ago, I have only missed two trips. Each time I go, my relationship with God reaches a new level and I learn something new about myself. TMA is not just about serving others, it is about helping the teens who attend to get to know the God that they are serving -- the reason for the adventure.

"Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40

The opportunity to meet new people is also a terrific blessing that comes with Teen Mission Adventure. This last spring break, those of us who went had the opportunity to meet 100+ new people. Those are friendships forged in service to others and will last a lifetime because of that fact.

As a teen pathfinder on the first few trips and now a staff member, I would strongly recommend that if you have to opportunity to do something like this in your conference, it is TOTALLY worth looking into. It is a powerful week and all who go are blessed in ways that could not have been expected otherwise.

Post subject: Teen Mission Adventure
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:44 pm 
New Friend

Hey Everybody,

I have attended several Upper Columbia Conference Teen Mission Adventures. I almost didn't go on the very first one nine years ago. I am very thankful though that I did go. I have gone every year since. For any other Conference that might be thinking about starting a Teen Mission Trip Program I strongly recommend it. It will build life long friendships between teens all over your conference. If you are a teen reading this, suggest this program to your pathfinder leaders or send a letter to your conference president. Since I started attending these TMA trips I have since started working at a Youth Camp in Northern Idaho. I strongly believe that it is because of the Teen Mission Adventure trips that I have my job here at Camp MiVoden. I found that I love working with the Youth of our Conference and others. I can not recommend this kind of program enough to you. It will show you that there is a way to share your love for God with other for less than the over seas Mission trips cost. A mere $100 gets you a full week of faith building, character changing, fun! I, as well as others, am willing to explain more about what we do on our Teen Mission Adventures with you. My email is michaelj@mivoden.com

Retreat Center

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:33 am 
Master Guide

Thanks for nailing it home Micheal :!: :!:

I hope you see how much NONE of us would want to miss this awesome mission trip!!

So any other pathfinder mission trips out there :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:33 am 
Astute Guide

ARKLA Conference has been doing a mission trip for years and years.
I have been on four of them to Mexico.
These trips have been an experience.
I have watched the Lord answer so many prayers on these trips I have lost count.

On one of the trips, it looked like by luggage had been left behind where we spent the night on the way down.
I was unloading the luggage trailers and my bag did not show up.
I wondered how I was going to get by for the week without clothes.
When all the trailers had been unpacked I stood there while the last trailer pulled out of the church courtyard wondering what I could do.
When the trailer moved, sitting behind the trailer was ALL of my luggage in one neat pile sitting on the ground.
I think it was answered prayer :!:

Mr. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:38 pm 
Astute Guide

On my first mission trip to Mexico we built the walls of a church.
On the third trip, we were close enough to go and visit the first site.
It was so cool to walk into the finished church and think that we helped built this church.
I will never forget those two experiences.

Mr. Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:27 am 
Master Guide

:) I've always seen God's hand on the overseas mission trips I've been on!!

It is amaizing the level of living in 3rd world countries. We all are rich compared to them.

When you can share our real riches, Jesus, with them! It is really rewarding and you come back a changed person.

:arrow: Live every moment like you are in a misson feild!! Because who says the the USA isn't one too :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:30 am 
I have been on two Ulitmate Workout mission trips sponsored by Marinatha. Both times they were in the Dominican Republic for two weeks. They were a blast and know that I'm at PUC I see freinds from UW that I had lost contact with. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:18 pm 
Participating Companion

i really want to go on a mission trip. everyone says they are so much fun. :smt023

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:12 pm 
Master Guide

I've heard of Ulitmate Workout!! Sounds like a really fun trip!!

:) Mission trips are really fun Chelsa!! If you read up higher in this forum you can learn about my conferences Teen Mission Adventure!! What is cool about these kinds of trips is that they are always a days drive from your house and only cost 100 dollars for the week...

It is still very much a "Mission Trip" It is so fun to work alongside 100 other teen pathfinders!! :) It would be cool if other conferences would start up this inexpencive, awesome service to your local area! Over seas mission trips arn't anything to miss, but this alows us to work here in the Local mission field... and is a lot less expencive too :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:20 am 
Helpful Explorer

I went on my first Teen Mission Adventure this past year, and I had the most fun I've had in awhile!!! It's great to work on a project that will affect people for years. We made a difference that week, and everytime I drive by that church. I can only think..."Wow! We did that!!! We helped build that church for God!!!" It was such a blessing!

I've gone on one other mission trip. I went to the Dominican Republic with my aunt's class...she's a teacher at a school in Spokane. I gained such a blessing from that trip. I have a new sense of the world church. They're so loving and happy, and they don't care how other people view them. They only care about what God thinks of them. Sure, raising the money was tough, but it was so worth it! It was a bonding experience...with other people, and with God. You can't help but see how blessed we are to live here in America. Those people were living in crowded neighborhoods. Their little stream was filled with trash! We have it so much better here. And mission trips help us to see that!!!

Go on a mission trip!!! You'll never regret it!!!

~Katie~
P.S. I'm also planning on being a student missionary for a year in college!!!

"Don't wait for the one you can live with, wait for the one you can't live without."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

Congrads Katie on your planning to serve a year as a Student Missionary. It will change your life and the lives of those you touch. :)

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:52 pm 
Helpful Explorer

WOW!!! God's Blessing pfcamper!!! That sounds super exciting!!! I hope everything goes well and that you and the people that hear you gain a blessing!!!
~Katie~

"Don't wait for the one you can live with, wait for the one you can't live without."

Post subject: Ghana
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

Are you in Ghana with the Center for Youth Evangelism group or with another organization?

I'll pray!

Mark O'Ffill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:12 pm 
Master Guide

I've been praying for you pfcamper :!:

I bet that's a awesome experience :)

:wink: be sure to post here to tell us all about it when you get home.

God will bless your efforts and give you the right words to speak :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:40 am 
Master Guide

:) WOW, AWESOME :!:

Thanks for sharing pfcamper!! Holding off the rain, baptizing 700, passing out FOF bibles and Guides door to door, sounds like the Spirit really led!!

I think here in the USA, we forget what a mission we have in our own backyard, and next door... untell we go and see how God is working around the world!! I hope each one of us makes this time on earth a lifetime mission trip to tell others about Jesus :!:

Sounds like a trip I would like to go on if they ever do it agian...

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:35 pm 
Participating Companion

i agree with you mitch that we dont do enough in the us. my principal is trying to let us go to arizona to build a school on an indian reservation but the head person says we are to young to build a school. so its kinda hard to be missionaries in the us. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:48 pm 
Master Guide

People these days just don't understand the power of young people. I have three friends that are doing an evangelistic series, (Mark Finley is helping a little :P ) And I am currently working on planning a mission trip. Just keep trying, maybe someday, adults will realize our potential.

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:00 pm 
Master Guide

:o Cool Chelsa!! My church's school, Hermiston Junior Academy has gone to Arizona 2 years now for the 8-9 grade mission trip. My friends said it was an awesome mission. I saw pictures from there. They are really in need.

Right rider1000, never underestimate a teen dedicated to God!!! I hope Chelsa that your school will be able to go to Arizona. They NEED so much down there :!: anyone could help I'm sure... :roll: I've been with groups of kids on mission projects building schools, beleve me we know how to work... :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 pm 
Master Guide

I mean he has helped these guys in the planning and a tiny bit of advertising. He came and did chapel at CA a couple weeks ago. But they had talked to him a little before that. Litch has lots of connections and shares them if needed. :lol:

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3