Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:38 am 
Astute Guide

I like pretty much all the same as Natasha, but I don't have horses (althought I do like to ride them!). I taught myself how to knit on Wednesday (the 28th) and now I am hooked :D

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:50 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
Well, if I had not mentioned it already, I enjoy geocaching. I brought my GPS unit with me on vacation, but have not had a chance to use it at all. :( Maybe I will get a chance today or tomorrow. :smt115

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:00 pm 
Participating Companion

That is one of my favorite hobbies!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

--Hebrews 12:1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:22 pm 
Astute Guide

well, if my username doesn't say it all, my hobbies include anything that is outdoors: cycling, rock climbing, kayaking, swimming, ect... and i also really like computers, in that realm i like to do web design, getting into coding(c#,VB), and networking. I guess it's kinda weird that i like technology so much when i love the outdoors... but if i have to make a choice, it will definitely be outdoors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh ya, i forgot my newest hobby: AVIATION, i am now working on my private pilot license :lol: :lol: :lol:

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:12 pm 
Participating Companion

Heh heh heh, I have already mentioned it but I love to run, and every year at our camporee we have a race. Last year it was 2.9 miles long or something like that. Well I started off at a good pace and was speeding right along and got to a checkpoint where they told me I was in third place. I knew the only two people ahead of me were TLT's and I wasn't in their category. (Now I will be) Well I crossed the line third over all, but it seems that they never wrote my number down. So all in all I never got a medal.

But just yesterday, during investiture, without me knowing, they had made and labled a medal for me. None of this was in the schedule, so I never knew anything about it. Then they told this whole story and gave me a medal just like the other ones from almost a year ago. "First Place Teen Boys" That is my first first place medal for anything that wasn't after school. In two weeks I get to do that race again and maybe I can snag another medal!! :D :) :o :D

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:17 pm 
Participating Companion

Heh heh heh, I have already mentioned it but I love to run, and every year at our camporee we have a race. Last year it was 2.9 miles long or something like that. Well I started off at a good pace and was speeding right along and got to a checkpoint where they told me I was in third place. I knew the only two people ahead of me were TLT's and I wasn't in their category. (Now I will be) Well I crossed the line third over all, but it seems that they never wrote my number down. So all in all I never got a medal.

But just yesterday, during investiture, without me knowing, they had made and labled a medal for me. None of this was in the schedule, so I never knew anything about it. Then they told this whole story and gave me a medal just like the other ones from almost a year ago. "First Place Teen Boys" That is my first first place medal for anything that wasn't after school. In two weeks I get to do that race again and maybe I can snag another medal!! :D :) :o :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:45 am 
Skillful Ranger

I'm working on getting my pilots licese!! That is a great hobby of mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:29 pm 
Astute Guide

Patches4him wrote:
I'm working on getting my pilots licese!! That is a great hobby of mine

its an incredibly expensive hobby! how far along are you? I am just still getting started and am slowing down until the summer when i have more money. but anyway that is aside from the point, i forgot to mention that i also like model rocketry and pyrotechnics 8)

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:34 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Wow that sounds awesome! My dad has a small plane and a friend of his might give me flight lessons this summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:36 pm 
Skillful Ranger

My grandfather owns a Cessna 150. And you're right WildernessFun it is spendy it's $370 dollors a week!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:01 am 
Astute Guide

speaking of aviation, while i was down in Texas a couple of weeks ago, one of my family friends let me fly his twin prop!!! :) :) :) that was alot of fun... oh the power that thing had!

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:16 pm 
Skillful Ranger

Sounds like a half thrilling time :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:10 pm 
Participating Companion

I guess you could these things hobbies, they sure keep me busy!
I'm really into outdoor gear, a week ago I was working for an outfitter! Talk about some awesome deals! But I was spending most of my paychecks on gear! Anyway, my hobbies include, backpacking, which I need gear for! Downhill skiing, bouldering, hiking in challenging terrain, and horseback riding. But I won't be doing that for a while! (for more info, see my website) :lol: I am a 1st. Responder w/ the VFD, so that could be called a hobby I guess. Being on call for 911 calls and search and rescue missions can be really intense! Everytime the pager goes off, or the phone rings..... it could be a mission/call! :shock: Civil Air Patrol is a hobby too, that's where we do Search and Rescue. And posting on here counts too I guess! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:13 am 
Skillful Ranger

That sounds awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:39 am 
Participating Companion

Patches4him wrote:
That sounds awesome!

So, tell me more about your interest in aviation. Sounds like you're pretty serious about it, taking lessons and all! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:27 pm 
Astute Guide

Outbackpeak wrote:
So, tell me more about your interest in aviation.

Well... i'm not patches, but i am a private pilot in progress myself and have been taking lessons since January; but i have had to slow down until summer until i have more money. If you haven't ever been up in a small plane before, you should definitely do it!!! it is ssssoooo much fun 8) :) !!! If you have, then you know what i am talking about. if you are wanting to know more about what it takes, then i can tell you that it costs anywhere from $5,500-$7,000. Usually it ends up costing most people about $6,000. you have to do a minimum of 40 hrs of flight training, although it usually takes most 50+hrs. you also have to pass a written knowledge test. sorry if this is more of an answer than you were looking for, but hopefully somebody will have a use for it! flying is awesome!!!

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:58 am 
Participating Companion

wildernessfun wrote:
Outbackpeak wrote:
So, tell me more about your interest in aviation.

Well... i'm not patches, but i am a private pilot in progress myself and have been taking lessons since January; but i have had to slow down until summer until i have more money. If you haven't ever been up in a small plane before, you should definitely do it!!! it is ssssoooo much fun 8) :) !!! If you have, then you know what i am talking about. if you are wanting to know more about what it takes, then i can tell you that it costs anywhere from $5,500-$7,000. Usually it ends up costing most people about $6,000. you have to do a minimum of 40 hrs of flight training, although it usually takes most 50+hrs. you also have to pass a written knowledge test. sorry if this is more of an answer than you were looking for, but hopefully somebody will have a use for it! flying is awesome!!!

Well, actually I have not got the chance to go in a small plane, I've only flown once in a jet! But my lucky sister is a cadet in Civil Air Patrol.....and she has been up twice in a small plane! She even got to fly it for an hour her second time up! Not fair! But I'm going to try and get up there one of these days! I have a friend who is trying to start flying lessons too, he's trying to figure out how long it will take! :roll: I don't know if I want to get my license or not, I guess it will depend on my first small plane flight experience! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:03 pm 
Astute Guide

It really depends on the person and the funds available as to how long it takes! I am going to try to finish mine in a little over a month here this summer. I have also had an interest in the CAP since I was little, and i think that once i have my pilots license that i may join as a pilot. but you definitely need to try the small plane!

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:53 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I am graduating in 2009 and after that I hope to be a search and rescue pilot. The guy that trains me says he's never seen anybody like me before. He's says I'm so calm and cool about everything, and he says I act like I have fear of nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:27 pm 
Master Guide

Rescue is an awesome hobby. I love all the rescue classes I've taken.

I am a firefighter at our local fire department. And that job is SO VERY rewarding... I've also taken some rope rescue oriented classes... and those are a blast

SO.... I'm also interested in caving... Caving is AWESOME. I've spent 58 hours underground.... just this semester.... IT's FUN!!!

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:30 am 
Skillful Ranger

Caving is fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:01 pm 
Astute Guide

rider1000 wrote:
Rescue is an awesome hobby. I love all the rescue classes I've taken.

I am a firefighter at our local fire department. And that job is SO VERY rewarding... I've also taken some rope rescue oriented classes... and those are a blast

SO.... I'm also interested in caving... Caving is AWESOME. I've spent 58 hours underground.... just this semester.... IT's FUN!!!

awe man! now i'm going to look like a copy cat when i get around to doing all of these classes! Well, hopefully you don't mind sharing a few of your hobbies with others!

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Last edited by wildernessfun on Mon May 14, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:07 pm 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
Mind your manners. Everyone that knows you will understand that you are not copying him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:27 pm 
Master Guide

I TELL YOU!!!.... can't do anything without you copying me... man....

well lets see... I've taken... Canoeing, Caving, Vertical Caving, Rope Tech I, Outdoor Basics, Industrial Rope Access... just to name a few... and next semster... Swift water rescue, cycling... anyway... the list goes on and on....

maybe I should've posted this in the college plans section... oh well

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:48 pm 
Skillful Ranger

I can do plenty of things without copying you! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next