Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Practical Jokes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:31 pm 
Astute Guide

So I was just thinking (this can be dangerous) about some of the practical jokes that have been pulled over the years, and was wondering if anybody else has had some of these experiences in pathfindering. So... lets hear them! I want to know what everybody else's experiences are!

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:42 am 
Master Guide

Well... I'm sure you remember the same ones I do... but for the benefit of everyone else...

There was a girl in our club that was very... shall we say... blond. Well... one Sabbath afternoon we were on a hike up in the Smoky Mountains. We sat down to take a break and wilderness fun threw a little stick at her. It hit her in the head and she thought that a bug had flown in her hair. Well... we all started running with it and in about 3 minutes, she thought she had a deadly bug in her hair and if she moved it would bite her. Well... eventually wilderness, being the gentleman that he is, offered to remove the bug for her. He flicked her hair again with a stick... and she screamed, and it echoed off the mountains all around us, quite loud acutally. Well... we all busted up laughing and she figured the joke out and joined in our laughing.

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:22 pm 
Astute Guide

Wow! yeah, I've been around when things like that happened before... I'm not much to play live jokes on people, but I like to do things behind the scenes and watch the later reactions.

"The union of all strengthens the work of each." ~Ellen G. White, 1SM 84.3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:45 pm 
Master Guide

One of the most memorable of Pathfinder practical jokes that I was apart of was on a UCC Pathfinder Teen Mission Adventure. It was my first one and was at my conferences summer camp (Camp Mivoden). The girls had gotten permission to go with a staff member into the guys cabins to do a practical joke. They toilet papered, shaving creamed, perfumed...etc our area. It was a bit overboard really.

Well the guys thought of a great way to get them back. We made and edited a video of us lurking around and such. We used 2-way radios and a get away car and everything in the video. It was really awesome. This video made it look like we had really gotten them back good.

In reality one of the leaders had bought candy and nice stuff and laid it on the girls pillows. We showed everyone the video and the girls expected the worst, but when they ran back to their cabins they found something nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:47 pm 
Astute Guide

haha, that's really great! Were you involved in any of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:57 pm 
Astute Guide

Aw, how nice of you! I wish that I was that nice... well, another one that I was involved in was with the same girl that rider talked about. We successfully convinced her that somebody fell out of a tree and had died... we even pretended to do CPR :lol: ! we actually had her crying before we told her! and after that we were all pretty sore from the slugs that we got (rightfully so...). what can i say, she defines gullible!

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:42 am 
Master Guide

Location: Carolina Conference, Southern Union Conference, NAD
That was an interesting one to say the least. It was idea that DiceguyD-30 and I came up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:48 am 
Skillful Ranger

I've played quite a few practical jokes, but I thought I'd tell you about one of our most recent ones. We were at our church for a meeting and us kids were bored. We finally decided to play a practical joke on two of the blonds.......who were not very nice to us. We painted my sister's hand to make it look like she was bleeding and we painted one of my sister's friends' nose to make it look like blood was pouring out of his nose. They sent me down to get the two young lady's outside. I waited for the que and when I brought them outside it looked like my sister and her friend were fighting. My sister's friend faked that he smacked her in the hand, she faked that she was crying which she's pretty good at and held her hand up that she had painted to look like blood. Then she faked that she punched her friend in the nose. He fell to the ground and said to go get his mother because his nose was bleeding. The paint was still wet so it looked pretty real. The two young ladys freaked out and ran inside to get his mother. Meanwhile my sister went into the lady's restroom and acted like she was really hurt and her friend went into the pastor's office and acted like he was really mad at my sister. His mother came up and she went into the lady's restroom to find me and my sister going into peels of laughter. We told her what was going on and she decided to help play along. She came out of the restroom pretending to be upset with my sister and telling her to apologize. We went into the office and my sister said she wouldn't apologize until her friend did. So he apologized and then my sister did. And then we all broke out into laughter. The two girls were shocked that we were laughing, and so we told them about how the whole thing was just an act. Wow, the response we received wasn't very nice! They wouldn't talk to us for a long while, but they have left us alone after that. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:53 am 
Participating Companion

I haven't decided on doing this one yet, but I want to take those plastic fasteners, used for holding cables together or whatever, and wrapping them through peoples tent zippers. Put it through both of them, and no matter what, they won't be able to get out! Until they fit a knife through and cut it, or get some help from outside. It sounds like a good one to try, at least I don't think it should harm anyone :D !!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

--Hebrews 12:1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:49 pm 
Astute Guide

bbp91c wrote:
I haven't decided on doing this one yet, but I want to take those plastic fasteners, used for holding cables together or whatever, and wrapping them through peoples tent zippers. Put it through both of them, and no matter what, they won't be able to get out! Until they fit a knife through and cut it, or get some help from outside. It sounds like a good one to try, at least I don't think it should harm anyone :D !!

a deadbolt works better! :lol:

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:49 am 
Helpful Explorer

You guys are having way to much fun! :lol: Its not supposed to be that fun is it? lol jk :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:27 am 
Astute Guide

sweetie2u wrote:
You guys are having way to much fun! :lol: Its not supposed to be that fun is it? lol jk :mrgreen:

well... i guess it may not be that fun for the target while the joke is being conducted... but usually everybody gets a good laugh later!

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am 
Astute Guide

Well this isn't like the ones you were talking about... but it was kinda funny.

There was this certain campout our club had which commenced on April Fools' Day. A certain 14 year old TLT girl and a certain 16 y/o TLT boy were involved... The girl had a major crush on the boy and he evidently knew that, probalby via his sister (age 13) who was this girl's friend. So during camp setup the boy sent a message to the girl via her friends that he wanted to talk to her later on that day... alone. Of course her heart was fluttering like crazy and it was rather funny, because that was all she had on her mind the rest of the day. So that night as the club went out animal track hunting the boy finally called the girl (who was extremely anxious by now) over to him a little distance from the rest of the group. As they gazed up at the starry sky he says "Nice night, huh?" She replies "Yeah, sure is. So what was it you wanted to say to me?" "Happy April Fools' Day!"...

Needless to say she was a little perturbed at him the rest of the weekend, and also her friends who knew about the trick the entire time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:46 am 
Helpful Explorer

That is pretty funny. lol I think I'll have to think of one. probably shouldn't be to hard. :P

Rom 8:28

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:31 pm 
Astute Guide

Hey sweetie... guess who the guy was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:53 am 
Helpful Explorer

I don't know if I want to. who was it? lol It wasn't my brother was it? I don't think it was but I don't know :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:48 pm 
Helpful Explorer

That was mean...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:45 pm 
Astute Guide

Lol, yes it was. But I can assure you that the girl forgave him and took it all in good fun after a while.

sweetie2u: the guy's name starts with a P and ends with an O (he's a fm in college...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:18 pm 
Helpful Explorer

aww Man thats so mean! ok alittle funny too! lol :smt043

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:37 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Hey tuningpeg571. who was the girl? :?: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:45 am 
Astute Guide

[...me...]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:16 pm 
Helpful Explorer

really I never would of guessed that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:18 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Whoa... awsome powers of forgiveness you have there. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:44 pm 
Astute Guide

so, just out of curiosity, does anybody have good practical jokes for teachers? I have been around for a few, and even pulled a few myself! I am just curious as to what everybody else has seen, if its new I might even want to try it! :lol:

Explorer Counselor
Master Guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:12 pm 
Master Guide

Well.... lets see...

I've gotten the whole class to leave the room and hide in a different part of the school. I've stolen desk chairs and computer parts, I've rearranged furniture in classrooms and many more fun things....

High school was great!!!

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3