Pathfindersonline

Networking ideas for Pathfinder Ministry
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:17 pm 
Master Guide

:) Our club has a new registration for new kids and does lots of fun outdoor activities...

They include this year, Backpacking, Water Skiing, Swimming, Wake boarding, Camping, and Theme Party nights.

8) I think it is sad when a club doesn't do at least some summer activities! Summer is one of the perfect times of year for pathfinders :!:

:o I know there are a lot of people that take trips and vacations, but we still get a lot of kids comming and they have fun!

As Philip said earlier, people out of pathfinders miss out on allot. It isn't just a place for fun activities, it is also a good influence on all of us.

A good place to get to know God :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:24 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I think Pathfinders is a great organization! I've been in Pathfinders ever since I was 10. I've had some of the best times of my life in Pathfinders. A lot of kids think that Pathfinders is too dumb to be in...like someone said...dorky!!! I think it's great...in fact, I'm really sad that I have to leave! I'm going away to school this next year so I'm becoming an "honorary staff member" for camp outs and stuff when I"m home. I think tons of kids are missing out on all the fun we Pathfinders have! 8)

"Don't wait for the one you can live with, wait for the one you can't live without."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:54 am 
Master Guide

:) Yep, God has a special place in his heart for pathfinders :!:

I quote from the the book, We are the Pathfinder's Strong book page 116, by Willie Oliver with Patricia Humphrey.

"And Pathfinders weren't the only ones who discovered God's power. Dorothy Opp, secretary of the Rocky Mountain Conference Youth Department, related the following story: 'On the way home from the camporee a couple stopped to eat in a restaurant in Shawnee, Kansas. During the meal they became acquainted with a couple at a nearby table. In the course of the conversation the subject of God came up. The man at the other table said, 'I was an atheist until last Friday.' When he was asked what happened, here's what he said: "' I live in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Last week a group of about 20,000 kids camped at the EAA. These kids were all in tents! A huge storm was approaching. Some of the hail was baseball-sized. If it had hit them, they would have been killed! But just before the storm got there, it split and went right around them. It was a miracle! It had to be God protecting them. I can no longer believe that God does not exist. He showed me His Power.'"
:? Anyways get the book there are other stories. I personally was also at the Discover the Power camporee. It was an amazing experience. There was lightning and thunder on both sides of the grounds. On the radio we were listening to there were reports of Tornados also. We got a bit of hard rain but that was all! I felt Gods protection.

:arrow: God protects his children :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:39 am 
Helpful Explorer

I too was at that Camporee! It was the most horrific experience and also the most amazing experience I've ever had. I was scared to death that I was going to die, but my whole club gathered in our cook tent and sang and prayed. We even had some people caught in the storm come in and join us. It was truly amazing how God protected us and that tornado went around us.
Another story of how God protects his kids is how my club made it to Faith on Fire. We had just come out of Rapid City, South Dakota minding our own business. We had just come around a hill and the tail wind that had been helping us, turned against us. That wind turned into a sidewind and the van pulling a trailer behind us got caught and jack-knifed, spun around, and rolled. The trailer continued to roll and broke off of the van. The trailer was smashed beyond repair...to smithereens!!! Everyone was safe...except for a few stitches and major bruises. I am so thankful to God for protecting that part of our group. I myself had to watch the whole thing happen...and I am extremely happy and thankful to God everyday for saving them!!!
If you're in the Upper Columbia Conference...you've probably seen pictures and a little video that somebody in the conference did. Well...maybe.

"Don't wait for the one you can live with, wait for the one you can't live without."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:21 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Hey all I just got back from a backpacking trip wit the pathfinders. Well the older ones, but it was our vacation, so ya. It was me Katie, Brian, Brandon, Justin, dan, doctor wilkinson, and my rens. It was great we loved it. I've been doing it since I was 8 though carring all my stuff. I was so glad to hav a girl go this time lol, but Bri and bran being there was great too(they have been going for the past 4 years their my bff's along wit katie.) Katie is from the portsmith peacemakers, but goes to chillicothe church(her rens are divorced:(. She was at the camporee but me bri and bran weren't. I have been at some really bad camporees with tornados and such its been bad a lot of times. It was really bad at warren. I don't kno if any of you kno about that one or not, so ya.

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:42 pm 
Participating Companion

hey
8) i went to discover the power too. i remember everyone was praying for the tornado to go around us. it was so cool when it went around us my friends and i kept talking about it. my causins from guam were so scared and they went to the hangers which was a bad idea because they didnt secure any of their tentsand stuff so our club helped them out. but everything was ok and we had a great time afterward.
:lol: cal i am glad that you had a good time and you had your bffs there it sounds like you had alot of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:45 am 
Helpful Explorer

Ya it was great. This is the last real trip we get to go anywhere together because they are going to Mount Vernon Acadamy. So it was great to be there together. We slid down a waterfall slide and went swimming in the hole under the waterfall. It was great. It was in the middle of Dolly Sods in West Virginia.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:43 pm 
Participating Companion

that trip sounds really fun. i bet you had lots of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:47 pm 
Master Guide

:) I love backpacking :!:

Our club is doing the honor this summer and is going on a trip next month!

:lol: :lol: What's fun is "backpacking" with my uncle! He has 12 lamas that carry our stuff!! You can go about twice as far because you don't have a heavy pack on your back! :mrgreen:

:wink: But I have a nice backpack so I don't mind carrying it that much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:38 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I've been backpacking since I was 8. I love it, but I don't want anything or anyone to carry my stuff otherwise its not backpacking. Even though it would be nice to not carry it, but that is day hiking or base camping. I get upset when people call bookbags backpacks. But I'm not a extremist or anything. I just love backpacking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:29 am 
Master Guide

8) I'm bias but the NW has the best backpacking :!:

The first backpacking trip my parents took me on was when I was around 6 or 7. I made the hike although I don't think I was carying that much. I'm told that I had motivation... I went from blueberry bush to blueberry bush.. :mrgreen:

Yea 12 lamas, It is kinda like a ranch he has. although you can have a lot more Lamas per amount of land than horses. He has about 8 packable lamas and they can carry anywere from 70-120 pounds.

:arrow: Yep cal, I shouldn't call it backpacking... I've only go now and then with him, Usually I'm carrying my own backpack. :wink: It's a real backpack to not a "school pack" or "day pack." There has my reputation been cleared now... :lol: :lol:

bottom line... backpacking is an awesome way to get away and see God's nature :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:43 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Yes you hav cleared your name now. I was just making sure no cheating was going on lol. Yes backpacking is like the best sport ever. I'm so sad I'm not backpacking anymore. I like lost 4 pounds when I came back but now I gained it back stupid fatty food lol. Backpacking is like so healthy. Imagine when were in heaven we can backpack without worring about things lol.

Post subject: campree
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:05 am 
New Friend

So did any body go to faith on fire.[color=green][/color][size=18][/size]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:48 am 
Helpful Explorer

I did!!! I had such a fun time! We had an adventure on the way though...we had a big accident and it's a miracle that nobody was terribly hurt!!! I think God protected his people in a big way at FOF!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:09 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Hey all we are having like tons of girls joining pathfinders this year. And like all my friends are going to mount vernon acadamy so they are leaving pathfinders so i'm in there with a bunch of newbies :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:35 pm 
Master Guide

I know how you feal Cal :? Our club is really changing this next year too. We are adding a bunch of new pathfinders and older ones are moving on.

But it'll still be fun. Just differnt I guess... :)

Hey I went backpacking with some of our pathfinder group this last weekend. It was awesome!!! It has been runing around 100 degrees were we live so we got up into the mountians and it was in the 80s!! o well it was perfect for swimming in the crisp, cold mountian lake.. :mrgreen:

This weekend we are going with my uncle, aunt, and cousins so we are getting pleanty of exersise in. AND I am carrying my own pack this weekend while my relitives use there lamas :!: It'll keep me strong and healthy I guess... :roll:

Yea so I guess I'm the only one going backpacking they are going lamapacking :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:02 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Hey ya it should still be fun. Ahhhhhh backpacking gotta love it. I can't wait to go backpacking again, but I have to wait till next year to go b/c they won't let me out of school for vacation. Backpacking is so fun I love it. Yep you'll be the real backpacker :D Hope you have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:10 am 
Participating Companion

Hi. I'm Berry. :D I'm 18 y/o. Just thought I'd introduce myself. Is there any specific time that you all come on the internet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:45 pm 
Master Guide

Whenever, whereever, however, whoever, whyever, whatever? :roll:

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:38 pm 
Master Guide

Hi Berry,

Welcome to the forum :!:

:lol: I'd have to agree with rider1000! I post whenever I have the time. So when I'm busy I don't post much! (I seem to be busy more than not!)

That's the nice thing about a forum though. We can post something and even if nobody is around it'll stay.

:arrow: So everyone keep posting when you have the time :!:

:idea: It would be cool though to have a certian time when we were all online. But with time differences, scedule differences, habitual differences, and geographical differnences... :roll: ... It might be a bit difficult!

Last edited by Mitch on Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:42 pm 
Helpful Explorer

I mostly get on early in the morning when I get up...sometimes not so early!!! :D Then, sometime in the afternoon, and then in the evening. I guess that's quite a bit, but it fills the empty spaces in my day. I won't be on that often since school is starting up here pretty quick!!! Feel free to private message me Berry. At the moment, I've got the time to talk! I love meeting new people!
Laterz Ya'll!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:46 am 
Participating Companion

Oh I understand. I didn't remember about the time difference. :roll: Silly me. :oops: Well I usually don't have much time during school time so I get the point.

It is nice to interact with persons from different countries. I have always liked finding out about cultures different from my own. 8) Most places I go I am asked about my country so thats why I set up a forum for persons to ask what they like. :D

This forum is a good idea. :mrgreen: I should tell my friends about it. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:00 pm 
Master Guide

A new pathfinder year is around the corner :!:

Our clubs registration is next week but we have a river party for pathfinders to invite there friends too this week.

ahh... 8) the columbia river on a 100 degree day, nothing can beat that!! Especailly when you are munching on good cold Hermiston Watermellon. It's the best out there!!

So what's your clubs doing this fall?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:21 pm 
Master Guide

Camping :lol: of course. We're going biking at Cades Cove in september and are planning on doing a lot of other cool stuff. Oh yeah, We have a leadership convention the weekend after labor day. Should be fun. :P

they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze”
Isaiah 43:1-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:33 pm 
Helpful Explorer

Alas, I have just found out that I'm not going to be able to attend any of the conference Pathfinder activites except for TMA. :smt089 I'm totally bummed...I've got sunday school at every event except I've got Spring break for the Teen Mission Adventure. And you'd better believe I'm coming!!! I wouldn't miss it for the world. I had such a blast last time!!! Anyways, I'm at my new school. I still need prayers...I'm homesick!!! :cry: At the moment, I just want to go home!!! Anyways...talk to ya'll later. I'll probably get busier as the year goes on.
Laterz!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next